High voltage SS output, any experiences ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Here's another example of a SS high voltage output circuit with an OPT and local outstage feedback.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tube...r-triode-strapped-pentode-12.html#post2207735

I started with a hybrid of MOSFET input and a 6L6 output tube, then for grins substituted a HV IGBT in place of the tube. I think it may sound a little better with the SS device but it's a difficult call.

For a hybrid, the depletion mode MOSFET at the input could be replaced with a pentode., which will certainly have the possibility of changing the low order harmonic content.

Cheers,

Michael

SS Tabor

Hi Gary
Very impressed with your SS Tabor amplifier.
I have built a few transformer coupled amplifiers Amity, Karna, KK and variants (all DHT outputs).
I have noticed the input tube has a big impact on the overall sonic of the amplifier and I just haven’t found an input tube I like.
What are your thoughts if I used SS input TT coupled to 45 drivers and 300B outputs? This would do away with a tube input.
regards
Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.