Potentiometers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im confuse please tell me what are the pinouts correspond to....

thank you!!!

Attachments

• pots center tap.jpg
    pots center tap.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 235
the first terminal is the center tap , is the ground terminal the terminal number 4? or 2?... when i turn the pot every slight turn there is like a hole (i dont know the proper term sorry) , i mean there is like an ending in every slight turn.... hope you can helped me guys...

you can check it by a DVM set in resistance.

as per the diagram you supplied it is connected to loudness control.. meaning it is a center tap potentiometer.

1 and 2 is variable resistance while turning the pot

3 and 2 is variable resistance while turning the pot

1 and 3 fixed resistance (total resistance of the pot)

3 and 4 fixed resistance (half of total resistance)

1 and 4 fixed resistance (half of total resistance)

in short center tap is fixed resistance.

Attachments

• CENTER TAP.GIF
    CENTER TAP.GIF
    4.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
the first terminal is the center tap , is the ground terminal the terminal number 4? or 2?... when i turn the pot every slight turn there is like a hole (i dont know the proper term sorry) , i mean there is like an ending in every slight turn.... hope you can helped me guys...
The "proper" or common word for that is detent. Some pots used for volume controls have many detent positions - this gives the feel, sort of, of a stepped attentuator. Some other controls have a detent at the mid position, often used for bass and treble controls with the center detent being 'off' for flat response.

jesus people you are unbelivable !!!! this is simply a potentiometer that features a tap for loudness control .... it has a specific logarithimic patern and it is especially designed for audio pre or integrated amps ...

loudness is a a very common function in consumer amplifiers and its used with a switch to boost a bit low frequency and a some high ( to be uble to drive your speakers ) but only when the amplifier is playing up to 50 % about of its logarithmik scale

the tap is used th DEACTIVATE loudness and the boost above a certain ammount of power since you dont really want to go to full power with your lows and highs alllready boosted .....

pinout when you look at the pot from the front (knob is looking to your face )
--- first pin from the left is ground
--- second pin from the left is hot signal to amplifier input
--- third pin from the left is hot signal from the preamp out
--- and fourth pin from the left is connected to the loudness circuit

the exact pins also work behind for the other channel ...

thats it...

kind regards sakis

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.