Fairchild FJA4310

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I am working on a somewhat low power class A amp, and considering the Fairchild FJA4310 NPN BJT for the output section. Does anyone have experience with this part and its suitability for an application like this? The beta droop looks good in the datasheet.
Thanks,
Joel

How much power do you expect from this amplifier and into what load Z? Seems heat dissapation would be the primary concern of a class A OPS, so bigger transistor less worries, eh? How about FJL4315?

Hmmm, it appears that same die comes in diffferent packages, :scratch2:....for a different price I'm sure.:grumpy:

Last edited:
CBS240...The supply is +/- 12.5 V rms and currently the output is biased at 1.0A, and running into 8 ohms. I am currently using two 2N3715 (push pull) in a TO-3 package, and fairly happy with the waveforms, and the sound. I am looking to improve the audio performance, and also switch to a TO-3p package for mechanical mounting reasons.

It looks like the FJL4315 would handle even more power and the gain curve is similarly flat, although as you can tell from my little supply, I don't think I will pushing any of these devices to their limits for temperature and power. I'm sure you're right about the price too!

Thanks,
Joel

AKSA...I am sure you are right about the mosfets and thermal abuse. I still have a lot to learn about them before I would try and design them into an amp. That's on my list of things to explore after I finish this amp. Well actually, I have an old tube radio to restore next, but then on to the mosfets!
Thanks,
Joel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.