somebody please tell me if this will harm my amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a klipsch promedia 2.1 amp
what i want to do is use this amp to power two surround sound speakers.
but specifically, i want to connect the subwoofer output to each rear speaker so that the rear speakers have bass.

i dont want to touch the speaker leads together if it is going to harm something.
if anybody knows how to read a schematic and be well informed to note that there is or isnt any harm.. the schematic can be found here:

Klipsch Promedia V2.1 Amplifier Repair

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I"m not quite clear on what you want to do. Do you mean connect the sub woofer wires together with the regular left and right speaker wires?

If that is the case, it won't be good for the amp. And probably won't sound good, either. However, it may actually work for awhile, until the amp dies. :(

I think he wants to make a parallel connection with the rear and sub speakers.

You could use a crossover connecting the rear speaker to the high output, the subs to the low output.

Rear speakers on surround sound are mostly intended for mid to high frequency range and might not have much lows in the signal to the rear speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.