Who can tell me anything about this unusual amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wandering around the Internet I came across this, to me unusual solution amps, so I asked anyone who knows a little more to say about this concept. I made it, a little test, I listened and I can tell you that sounds very encouraging. So far I have not encountered this kind of input stage.Only I know about this is to be called complementary-differential input stage.Any helpful information is welcome.Thanks.

Moji Audio projekti

Attachments

• standardmk2.pdf
    24.2 KB · Views: 152
Wandering around the Internet I came across this, to me unusual solution amps, so I asked anyone who knows a little more to say about this concept. I made it, a little test, I listened and I can tell you that sounds very encouraging. So far I have not encountered this kind of input stage.Only I know about this is to be called complementary-differential input stage.Any helpful information is welcome.Thanks.

Moji Audio projekti

The two input transistors are just a standard differential, albeit they are of different polarity.
This way you save a resistor or CCS at the emitters.

I saw in the '90 an amplifier on Internet the resembles this one. I'll try to retrieve the link (it was someting like q4tech (but it is not q4tech.com))

Bora is wonderful at creating totally off the wall amps!

This is a Rush Cascode diff pair; input to left device, fb to right, single current through both.

I don't like the CFP output stage for AB, but he's certainly made the best of it.

Neat circuit, input stage would confer very different distortion profile. Probably sounds very good.

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.