Are you ready to face strong emotions?.. Dx Blame MKII and the Supercharged release! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2010, 11:46 AM   #21
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

I want you to learn of these things my friend:-

Decorum. Restraint. Dignified Enjoyment. Honour. Tolerance. Community.

This is the way of the East.

Greetings from this wonderful island, Japan, on this beautiful late summers evening, as a sip my warm sake . . .

Last edited by Bonsai; 16th October 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:47 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default I only follow suggestions after i test them Andrew... also

i am moved by motivations...my customers (DIY) are my targed...they ask and i move....In the reality, brazilian friends asked me..that's what moved me to change things, not your suggestions.

I use to follow suggestions from my mind... sometimes the rusted machine works.

But go dreaming was you the reason why that moved me... only by magic as i used not to read you..so..could not see your suggestions.... believe was you...if this feeds your soul.

From time to time i go reading you..to check your mood if you're in the 5 percent positive moments.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 16th October 2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:57 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Boys.... i am applying some torture on Blame MKII.

But really i am lazy these days after surgery...i feel some small pains when moving too much.... so...i will not connect several supplies in parallel (Dc out in parallel)... because of that, i have no power from the supply to feed 2.5 ohms loads or even a little bit less than that... reason why i made test only to 3.0 ohms (discounting my meter cable errors during measurement and parallel resistances behind the huge speaker).

It seems safe to 3.0 ohms.... i am really not sure if will survive to 2.5 ohms or less...so...because lazy...i will specify the unit to 3 ohms minimum load...... it is reasonable...others can try lower impedances....well.... make it under your own risk..i do not believe in simulators datasheet or graphics.... simulator said OK!....but not testing real life i do not believe and i cannot guarantee good results.

YouTube - Torture on Blame MKII continues.,.200W - 3 ohms

regards,

Carlos
Old 16th October 2010, 12:55 PM   #24
norazmi is offline norazmi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

okay Uncle Charlie, ill build a troyan until this board will release ill build this one too.

ill go to troyan discussion board to see the details to build troyan, ill try to finish troyan as fast as i can with your guide.

Regards,
Azmi.
Old 16th October 2010, 01:08 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default Board was not tested Azmi... but the circuit is OK!

I will forward you some small modifications as soon as you start to build and publish some pictures.

I am not talking about the chance to have oscilations.... but the change to have something missed there... both things are possible, despite the one made the board, Alexmm, is very good...but we..humans, we fail.

regards,

Carlos
Old 16th October 2010, 06:21 PM   #26
norazmi is offline norazmi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

aight uncle, understand, psttttt.. take ur time to rest okay...

regards.
Azmi
Old 16th October 2010, 08:30 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Azmi, by your understanding

regards,

Carlos
Old 16th October 2010, 10:24 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Boards are ready to go...layout is ready..also tests are doing fine

So, no troubles to the release in December, 24th.

I had to take some decisions:

First was one board to all models.... Dx Blame ES/ST, Dx Blame MKII and Dx Blame MKII Supercharged.

Second, silk screen forced me to use a standard transistor to all models, so, at the silk screen we have 2N5401 and 2N5551 indications...but people can use BC546/556 (suggested) in the place of the high voltage ones, just inverting the way they will go to the board.... silk screen indicates 2N5401 and 2N5551, and these ones works too...it will be up to you folks, the ones to use.

Dx Blame ES/ST and Dx Blame MKII uses 35 volts (42 volts maximum)..the Dx Blame MKII Supercharged will use higher voltage...maybe 55 or 63..i am still thinking about and testing options.

Almost all parts will have part numbers and also their values printed inside resistance rectangles (covered by the resistance after assembled), to make it easy and faster to assemble.... some parts are different to each model, and these ones, the different ones, will have part identification numbers and no values....values will be obtained from a chart that will be published the same day i will publish schematics, layout and the chart of part's substitution values.

I am showing you just the upper part.... i am very happy with this board..finally i could have a board that matches, entirelly, my needs... well... this is a natural progression.... i was waiting 7 years to have it my way..finally this one is "my way".

This one is 100 percent approved, i had not to negotiate, Mitchel made my way..... a matter of coincidence..... it is his way too... maybe cause we are both Brazilians..no troubles...he made with pleasure and had not to make violence with himself.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boards ready to go!.jpg (251.3 KB, 1335 views)
File Type: gif Board layout is ready.gif (133.7 KB, 1270 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 16th October 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 17th October 2010, 07:10 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default A needed tribute to Todd Johson, our TAJ, will be printed into the board

As all further layout developments started from his excellent work...so, despite some upgrades made, he deserves to be pointed as the pionner in this layout style.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original layout.jpg (199.3 KB, 1081 views)
File Type: gif By Taj.gif (101.8 KB, 1067 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 17th October 2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 17th October 2010, 09:16 AM   #30
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

re post 28,
notice how close the supply rails come to each other at the collectors of Q9 & Q10.
This is where the HF decoupling should be placed. There is space between the transistors and traces on the top (or links if single sided) will pass across the other traces. Or use the empty part of the PCB under the legs of the bd139 Vbe multiplier for a bottom side trace.
The biggest problem left is the long distance ~90mm to the nearest point on the Power Ground.

Last edited by AndrewT; 17th October 2010 at 09:18 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!