Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2010, 02:53 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to A square
dis is looking nice.....
Old 16th October 2010, 06:56 AM   #12
Mitchel is offline Mitchel  Brazil
diyAudio Member

I still have some work to do!
Old 16th October 2010, 07:13 AM   #13
norazmi is offline norazmi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi uncle Charlie,

wow, for long time im not active just few days a go come back and see the progress on this forum, btw im impressed what you have made so many amp board phew.wwww...

i cant miss this one to build it up ive made 4 board dx amp before and running hard and harder even use for karaoke shop nothing is blow and dx amp give same quality of sound until now .

when this one will be released uncle? i`m ready for it cant wait....

regards.
Azmi
Old 16th October 2010, 08:10 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Azmi, this one will be released December, 24th... Christmas gift to my friends.

You should try the Troyan, i have discovered how to make it sound unbelieavable good and i can give you the needed informations to modify the basic schematic.

The update and upgrade informations i will inform only to builders, and by direct mail, as i had too many bad guys there and the land is mined there!... uncle Charlie was punished because said some truth to some guys... the amplifier is now be explored in other foruns

It is expensive and big, but it is a power factory.... a monster able to produce an earthquake in your neighborhood.

Yes...need a special transformer....OR.... several small transformers rectified and filtered with the DC out joined together.... needs 3 or four of these "standard" sized transformers to each channel.... well.... i think you will not have anything with that quality buying already made comercial products on the shelve....maybe a Crown....not sure as i could not test..but i believe Crown may be very good. (despite belief is more foolish than science)

About the boring platoon, in the reality i am missing them..as i love a good combat, in special the way they offer me... six against one!..this is the way i like it!....i had not the chance to test my new weapon against them...ahahahahahahahha!

Now I'm a victim ... even without earning money here, i've got that after the punishment i
turned a martyr ....wounded in combat against the dark platton..... and this is a real fun!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Holly weapon against them!.jpg (190.1 KB, 1580 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 16th October 2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 16th October 2010, 08:40 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default Now a serious thing folks..... one of the main targets was

to avoid these big ones in the input.... i had to increase impedance (very easy folks) to reduce the input capacitor value..now you can try 1uf and have room to another one in parallel (that 100N can be replaced by another 1uF)... this way, no more the need to use huge capacitors, the 10uf monsters will not be there anymore... at least i hope so.

I suggest the most curious ones not to waste your time inspecting the board to see the new values..of course there are parts below the board folks....i am not interested to publish the schematic before December, 24th.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avoiding this big one in the input.jpg (921.7 KB, 1577 views)
Old 16th October 2010, 08:45 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default U R welcome dear Asquare...you are welcome mate!

I'm glad you have appreciated.

Watch my crazy picture...hehehehe.... very crazy that one

regards,

Carlos
Old 16th October 2010, 08:52 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default I just cannot wait to have your board Mitchel, i do think your boards are very nice

We are tuned, because we are Brazilians and from the same french town (Rio de Janeiro)...so, we have almost the same taste and ideas... also we have yellow in our flag.... the nice board, with great symetry, ballanced if had weigth, good sized and good shape...and inspired in Todd Johnson boards..... the philosophy.... never mess with a team that is winning.... not clever to modify Todd Johnson boards....because tested!... and you are tuned and think the same way i think.

You Mitchel, you are humble and accept instructions.... and you do that because you can!..only the ones are really skilled can accept to follow instructions..because they can understand the reasons we have to instruct this or that way or direction or philosophy based things... the ones does not have the needed electronic base, have a lot of strange demands and do think i am to much demanding....you are very welcome.... you, Renato Comerlatte and Alex mm..... all very reasonable folks... thank you very much.

I do thank all folks have cooperated... RAJ, Klaas Veenstra, Greg, Nico, Todd and Omar...and some many others that have cooperated a lot..Greg, Todd and Omar made lovely boards..for sure they did.... but finally i have the ones 100 percent "tuned" with my ideas.... well... i have to fight a lot for that...also to wait 7 years long (eating a lot of frogs!) to have the correct ones at my side.

You are very welcome in the effort i make to populate whole world with Dx Amplifiers!... why not to dream?..... we have already amplifiers in all Continents, in more than 60 countries....more than 600 guys have already made... we have Chinese producing thousands of copies there...so... the nice invasion.... one day i will be inside your home guys!... playing a good sound....i have even some enemies that already have my amplifiers.... they will not be enemies anymore after listen the sound.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 16th October 2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:00 AM   #18
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
to avoid these big ones in the input.... i had to increase impedance (very easy folks) to reduce the input capacitor value..now you can try 1uf and have room to another one in parallel (that 100N can be replaced by another 1uF)... this way, no more the need to use huge capacitors, the 10uf monsters will not be there anymore... at least i hope so.
can you recall how many times I have advised that you change the input and NFB filters?
Do you remember your replies?

Last edited by AndrewT; 16th October 2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:23 AM   #19
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Was that really necessary Andrew?

Last edited by Bonsai; 16th October 2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Make sure the comment was directed at the correct individual.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:32 AM   #20
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi,
probably not, but having read Destroyer's change of mind I couldn't resist.

Hide this!Advertise here!