MOSFET/BJT QUASI AMPLIFIER WITH PROTECT!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
'Zeck' use this unusual output stage in some amplifiers. NE555 is use for protect.

Attachments

• ZECK MOSFET-BJT.JPG
    ZECK MOSFET-BJT.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 3,942
Last edited:
Rod Elliot is supposed to have what he calls an exceptional amp design using the Hitachi mosfets. If anyone has a schematic it would probably fit in this thread. It is one of the simplest layouts I have seen to date. Extremely small parts count. He is not know for praising inferior amplifier designs on the contrary he can be quite critical.

Tad

Rod Elliot is supposed to have what he calls an exceptional amp design using the Hitachi mosfets. If anyone has a schematic it would probably fit in this thread. It is one of the simplest layouts I have seen to date. Extremely small parts count. He is not know for praising inferior amplifier designs on the contrary he can be quite critical.
Tad

I know that I don't know electronics as well as you do, but let me express what I have been thinking before trying to find the correct values for P101 circuit...

Yes, Rod is very critical, as most of the other "objectivists", relies heavily on the (available) theory, so that's why I think he might "forget" something...

With such a simple stages and big power mosfet amplifier, I think will invite certain kind of distortion, probably crossover distortion, most probably phase related distortion. Whatever it is theoretically, subjectively I feel that this will not give "easy" or "happy" listening experience for long time listening (compared to other best).

Sorry to say that but you already know that I don't understand about this amplifier design art (so everyone can assume that I'm wrong here). But once I hear this amp, I will know whether I'm correct or wrong... At least that is my reason why I haven't tried this circuit.

At low power this amp (post #1) work as single pair laterals in output stage, curent over 600mA include BJTs in output stage. Only single pair expensive laterals for high power amplifier, bias and drivers transistors no need like in BJTs output stage, nice trick;)

Last edited:
At low power this amp (post #1) work as single pair laterals in output stage, curent over 600mA include BJTs in output stage. Only single pair expensive laterals for high power amplifier, bias and drivers transistors no need like in BJTs output stage, nice trick;)

Protect circuit with NE555 ia another nice trick, this IC is cheap, and available but include all circuits for protect (dual comparator, smith-triger, relay driver...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.