How does this class A look?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I have asked from an another forum too but let's ask more.. So is there anything in this circuit to get it "optimized" better? It looks very simple, just like something I have been looking for. Which FETs would be best (and inexpensive and easiest to get and..) for this amp :confused:

I'm going a little confused 'cos I'm trying to decide what to build, LM3886/3875 or LM1875 or this class A amp. Class A would produce "enough" :rolleyes: heat to try water cooling, which I also have been planning for a long time..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I contacted the designer of the circuit and got suitable parts for it. I'm going to use IRFPC50s. I'll make two of 'em for stereo use.

Here's a diagram version 1. I try to get the interferences low by putting the trafo as far it's possible from the amp board. All suggestions are still welcome how I should place all the things inside the case :confused: (which is going to be full 43cm wide).

Attachments

• suunnitelma1.jpg
    suunnitelma1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 340
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.