parasound 800 MK II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchased a parasound 800 mk II and due to age I would like to upgraded it since the caps etc are 20 years old.

1- Power supply caps are: 18,000 uf 63v ea and have by pass caps on them are they necessary. Can I use 20,ooouf 63v or more nichicon gold type or other.

2- Should I change all the electrolytics and film caps as well.

3- resistors mills or riken)

Any advise wil be appreciated.

I will be bying anothe one. for my rears.:p

thank you. I opened it and it had 2- 15,000/63v caps and bypassed with two .01 & .1 caps ea. However the drawinfg that was sent to me by parasound shows 18,000uf 50v caps and a .1 bypass.

Are these bypass casp the standard most power supplys on equipment I used audiophile or non audiophile did not have bypass in the power supply caps. What should I do?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You won't harm any audiophiles by leaving them in as part of the design philosophy. Some grade them as "do - nothing" caps but most acknowledge that they provide lower impedance at high...like RF frequencies and for that alone are worthwhile where other RF preventions are not there or inadequate.
Twenty years ago and even today in our DIY stuff, they are still going into audio equipment. However, don't confuse with similar caps distrubuted around the circuit to bypass local noise etc. These are essential to good design everywhwere.

Last edited:
re: parasound hca-1000a

thnak you but, I already have the schematic. The problem is that it seems a little complicated to acces the bottom of the board to chage that capacitor and the service maunal would have how to take it apart correctly. Also the hca-750 is the same as well as the hca-1000. Been looking everywher eincluding parasound and no luck.

thx
P>S> if you find out please let me know or email me @. Infiniti52@aol.com

again thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.