The Very Best Amplifier I Have Ever Heard!!!! - Page 96 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th October 2010, 08:28 PM   #951
diyAudio Member

Maybe the group buyers should insist on a money back guarantee should they not be absolutely thrilled with the outcome within seven days.
Old 29th October 2010, 08:30 PM   #952
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Ras View Post
Well you sanctioned the design a dozen times, look at the zeners and diodes on the drivers unless they are there for a reason other than clamping. Also D6 & D8 shorts the transformer every other half wave.
D6,D7,C15,C16 and D8,D10,C19,C18 are just basic voltage doublers. No errors here.

/Martti
Old 29th October 2010, 08:37 PM   #953
Banned

Lee Knatta - I post the schematic everytime I talk about certain components so that it's easier for readers to reference it. I will continue to do so weather you like it, or not. The grounding scheme in Alex's latest PCB is what Goldmund does in their Mimesis series of amplifiers and those were the changes that I asked him to make. There's nothing to learn here, especially not from you.

Nico Ras - None of those are errors. Again, please see the schematic below. That is the Goldmund schematic, just because it doesn't apply to your understanding it doesn't make it automatically incorrect, or an error. Please stop confusing the potential builders. The schematic is the correct schematic of a Goldmund Mimesis 9.2 mono block amplifier. If you don't like it, please go build something else.

Any untested kit could require some changes, or experimentation (changing the value of the pF capacitors, soldering the ground points to different places on the ground plane, etc.). This should not be something that can be thrown together and expected to perform flawlessly. The potential builders should at the very least understand the basics of electronics. Otherwise they should not be a part of the group buy.

If this kit fails to work correctly for anyone it will be YOUR fault and lack of skill and lack of understanding in basic electronics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Goldmund Mimesis 9.2 Schematic.pdf (47.9 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by NagysAudio; 29th October 2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 29th October 2010, 08:40 PM   #954
Banned

Nico Ras - I just read your last post... Your continuous useless input is quite annoying and unnecessary. Obviously you're against this circuit, why don't you go and build something you like? There are plenty of projects on this forum. Why waste your time here, unless you're trolling?

Last edited by NagysAudio; 29th October 2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 29th October 2010, 08:58 PM   #955
diyAudio Member

Okay
Old 29th October 2010, 09:04 PM   #956
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
... look at the zeners and diodes on the drivers ...
There was a lot of argument about that a while ago, with most folks thinking those diodes and zeners are back-to-front. A truce was finally reached on the understanding that individual builders can put them in whichever way they see fit. I'm just glad the argument's over. On the up-side, if they are all inserted backwards, it won't actually break anything - there just won't be much protection for the mosfets.
Quote:
.. Also D6 & D8 shorts the transformer every other half wave.
No, that part's OK - they're part of a voltage doubler for each rail. Note the capacitor-coupling of the AC inputs.
Old 29th October 2010, 09:07 PM   #957
diyAudio Member

Sorry I did not notice the capacitor in the input. My mistake. Apologies Nagys
Old 29th October 2010, 09:49 PM   #958
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagysAudio View Post
The grounding scheme in Alex's latest PCB is what Goldmund does in their Mimesis series of amplifiers and those were the changes that I asked him to make. There's nothing to learn here, especially not from you.
I still don't regret pointing out severe mistakes in the layout that are mostly fixed now. You contributed absolutely nothing to this but showed you are completely clueless countless times.
I do pcb design for a living and know what I'm talking about.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:00 PM   #959
Banned

Lee Knatta - What layout mistakes did you point out that are fixed now?

My concern regarding the grounding scheme was in post #861 and my suggestion for changes was in post #863.

Your input was in post #864.

Alex posted the updated PCB layout with my suggested changes (to mimic Goldmund more closely) in post #891.

Nothing you posted in #864 was incorporated. Your contribution is zero. If you continue to lie, I will continue to call you out on it.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:08 PM   #960
Banned

As for the diodes D2, D5, D3, and D4, that's how Goldmund connects them. Virtually all of the Goldmund schematics show them like that and you can see them connected the same way in my Mimesis 6 amplifier. Please see the picture bellow, they are right between the MOSFETS and the A1 module:

Click the image to open in full size.

You can clearly see which sides are marked with the black Cathode ring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Goldmund Mimesis 9.2 Schematic.pdf (47.9 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by NagysAudio; 29th October 2010 at 10:10 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!