The Very Best Amplifier I Have Ever Heard!!!!

NagysAudio:

HOW do you know that 3 is better than 4?
Have you built one of these? Have you ever built an AMP of more than 250 watts?
I believe I see ferrite beads on the leads of the output transistors, am I correct?
Does the board have a ground plane? Are there more than 2 layers?
There are 2 large capacitors on each board, what are their value?
Would it be possible to get you to take a High Resolution photo of the boards? Front and back?

Krisfr - Because that's what the original schematic calls for. Why would you want to deviate from something proven? This is an amazing sounding amplifier, I'd rather build a copy of it and not try to guess what improvements could be made, or what parts could be upgraded. That should be left to each individual person as they are building the amplifier, some will succeed, some will fail.

After I post Goldmund's protection circuit for Alex and if he choses to incorporate it into the main board, the board will end up slightly larger and he can possibly include the 4th pair of output MOSFETS, for those who will chose to use them.

Yes, the output transistors have ferrite beads. The large capacitors on the board are 4700uF, just like in the schematic I posted on page one. Alex, made them into 10,000uF on the PCB that he designed, perfectly normal.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Takes a seminar for not telling straight ''we are Swiss, we know there are thousands of secret accounts with money for a Telos army not just a pair, so we offer an otherwise excellent amp but we bet for utterly snub prestige fishing, and you know something, we know we will sell some, because we have been actually asked to offer, just check the $300.000 wristwatches market in our country, we also know because we make the chassis at a wristwatch's machinist''. Who ever thinks a Telos takes more experience and building cost than a Ferrari, rise hand.:D

Takes a seminar for not telling straight ''we are Swiss, we know there are thousands of secret accounts with money for a Telos army not just a pair, so we offer an otherwise excellent amp but we bet for utterly snub prestige fishing, and you know something, we know we will sell some, because we have been actually asked to offer, just check the $300.000 wristwatches market in our country, we also know because we make the chassis at a wristwatch's machinist''. Who ever thinks a Telos takes more experience and building cost than a Ferrari, rise hand.:D

No need to compare with cars, in any Japanese 1000$ amp you can find more experience and knowlage, and Goldmund use HITACHI outputs at the end.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Krisfr - Because that's what the original schematic calls for. Why would you want to deviate from something proven? This is an amazing sounding amplifier, I'd rather build a copy of it and not try to guess what improvements could be made, or what parts could be upgraded. That should be left to each individual person as they are building the amplifier, some will succeed, some will fail.

The original used 3 pairs of TO3 outputs; using 3 pairs of TO3P's is not the same. People have tried to point this out to you several times.

Nice link. Goldmund (what a name, I don`t know why but whenever I hear this the term "huevos de oro" comes to my mind, although this applies to another part of the human body:D), yes that rings a bell, that`s the heavy-metal "audio" jewelry manufactorer.
The company that put $400 Pioneer DVD player (ohhh, almost forgot + another transformer + their heavy metal feets they shove under everything = "mechanical grounding".....) in a heavy metal enclosure and sell for 20x the original price....

goldmund ripoff - pink fish media

Hi-End Goldmund is a Pioneer DVD player?

All of their products have to be the biggest, most martial and above everything the most expensive of it`s kind, not necessarily it`s so incredible good but because for their customers it`s a necessity that it`s incredible expensive. Those are the folks with the 40m yachts who buy a Ferrari after the Bentley and the Porsche, a "crappy" Rolex doesn`t do it, it has to be a 3/4m$$ Patek etc.. Expensive is just not enough for them simply because they wouldn`t buy something that put them in the same league as mere mortals.

Goldmund has so much to do with "audio" as this post with the topic (sorry for the latter).

I like the suggestions to post a photo or scan of the EXACT schematic for the proposed amp. This is going to cost at least 500.00 and that is a tidy sum to many.
A nice accurate layout is important.
I would also like to add that, in my opinion, there are some smarter amp people on this forum than at Goldmund. All told there is one THOUSAND years of experience here at minimum.
I also think that an increase of 25-30 percent for SOAR in plastic to-247 devices is not asking too much. Three pairs of metal cans equals 4 pairs of plastic.
I thought I read somewhere this amp has 6 power supplies.

Also, thanks Nags for starting this thread it is quite interesting. And also many thanks to a gifted layout editor in Alex.
I have sourced all of the components just waiting for the final board layout and group buy.

Tad

Hi Alex, here's the DC sensing original Goldmund protection circuit. It's from the same schematic as I posted on page 1. This is a pretty complex circuit, but after serious consideration and convincing from some DIYAUDIO members, I think it's definitely necessary for this amp. Without it, if something were to happen, it would not be a nice scene. You've done amazing work, if possible, could you please add this to the main amplifier's board. Also, a lot of people are complaining that they want 4 pairs of MOSFETS instead of 3 pairs, is there a chance that you could add the 4th pair? A lot of people like even numbers instead of odd. Please use revision 2.4, as that was perfect parts and circuit wise. Thank you so much!

Protection2-1.jpg

Protection-1.jpg

Last edited: