Rebirth of the Phoenix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clamp sims with Sanken outputs

Hello Edmond

The first graph is with -2V input 4R load PM 94 degrees @3Mhz and at 2V input 4R load PM 97 degrees @2.6MHz.

Our results are closer to one another now. Interestingly when I go to sim with an 8 ohm load the output goes hard negative -46V at the output independent of input voltage, but the simulator does not say its a convergence issue.

Regards
Arthur

Attachments

• -2V input 4R load.png
    -2V input 4R load.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 2V input 4R load.png
    2V input 4R load.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 234
Are they 22r base stoppers on the outputs and yet, only 10r on the drivers?
Why did you choose that high?

Hello Andrew

I know I made a comment about this before but , these values where work in progress and I have finally settled on 22R base stopper and 100R on drivers , and this is to tame parasitics on ouput stage.

What I find with BJT ouput devices is that there is quiet a bit of component spread and the resistor values I am using are to accomodate this spread , some output devices work just fine with lower values but some have low level oscillations that need higher values to tame behaviour.

Regards
Arthur

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.