SE to parallel SE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few days ago I breadboarded this design using a switching PS purchased through eBay:

DIY Class-A 2SK1058 MOSFET Amplifier Project

I find it's a nice amp with typical SE sound (I'm a tube guy and I like this amp). Fast, clean pleasant, if a little analytical, sound. For learning purposes, I was wondering about how to parallel the outputs (I happen to have 4 of the transistors b/c I have a tendency to over-buy in case of accident...). Again, this is just for learning purposes, but it's such a simple and successful circuit I thought I'd explore the finer points of doing such a mod.

The load resistors are spec'd at 40 watts (they apparently burn 30w), but I have 50w versions as that was the easiest and cheapest to come by at the time I was buying. So how would I convert this to parallel outputs? Do I need to change the load resistor rating? Separate caps on each output or will one set of two handle each channel? For that matter, why the 4700uF output cap and is there an alternative? Can I use the same bias setting system for both, or do I need to double it?

Thanks for patience with the newbie questions. I learn best by doing...

Carl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.