Symphony, the best of two worlds, joining Symasym from Bittner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

'N'

Edit: I have two of these amps awating restaration and its not for the faint-harted. Look at the deep deep split EF OPS and the super low inductance OPS power supply. Not any supply lines surrounding low level circuits. Screened differential, cascode and mirror. I can take some pictures of the real thing.

Last edited:
CTRL+C, CTRL+V !!!

Just copying...
No spec. can be found for 2sk129a as of now but the equivalent UPA68H has:
http://www.datasheets.org.uk/specsheet.php?part=UPA68H
I have read ... regarding 2sk129 and it really help solve the problem with my AU-519 (DD/DC circuit) driver board.
Symptom, DC offset keep on rising on L board. Replacing this 2sk129a keeps the value steady at 0 mv.
My first Au-519 uses 2sk129 can type enclosure, while my other 519 uses IC type UPA68H. With the description on the board it's identical, the specs more or less the same.
Good advice, isn´t it?
Regards,
Max.

Attachments

• UPA68H - 2SK129A.JPG
    UPA68H - 2SK129A.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 426
  • 2sk129a.JPG
    2sk129a.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 278
I do believe this can be truth..but already made Ostripper

Understand that i do not want to copy topologies anymore..if already published in our forum... it seems to me something already explored... this topologie/style..we already have, in this same forum..yours!...so... you took the place with your topologie..this one you show.

The idea is to provide something different as Symphony...or the Blame evolution, maybe Blame MKII or something alike.

There are two things in the DIY game, at least my point of view...my own interest to do things and also the forum interest.... i do think forum deserves several different ideas and not the same amplifier in several stages of development.

Studying last years, you may see how many "almost the same" amplifier we had published... from the Dx we had several...from the Symassym too....yours look alike Symasym because first stage (differential and the one that follows it)..despite you claim it as another thing... seems to me that both, Symasym and yours came from the same source or same philosophy..if not the same... at least almost the same... inspired in the same root...Luxman you said.

Yours are still offered...and people will enjoy and will assemble... i do not want to deviate people from your thread, not to stole your glory and not to have some builders that would be building your amplifier.

Understand me please, i am not the one that just think on me....i do think in our forum too..the communitty.

Once i worked for Japanese, i learned an interesting thing from them..special people these Japanese fellows.... i said i was sad because i have lost a single customer to JVC...i found that terrible... the one that sold JVC in my territory (Sony Territory, the Brazil North and Northeast Region) used very dirty ways to have the customer...the guy rented a ship...and filled the ship with prostitutes, wiskie, nice food and gave a good time to the customer...this was the way he used to beat me...as i was the best technicall advisor, the one would help him to interconnect all cables and teach him how to operate the system....but he beated me that way...i was feeling in deep shame and i told my boss that i was ashamed...... do you know what he answered me?

Do not worry, JVC has employees alike Sony, it is a family too, they need to survive, as JVC survival (video department) means Japan survival..let it be..they have to sell too.

I have learned and i understood this entirelly.... your amplifier should survive...Quasi should survive and many others...this represents our forum health and survival.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.