Hafler DH200 vs. Bryston 3B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Bryston has hugely better build quality. Very, very solid. Good current source/sink ability. The Hafler will most likely work just fine, though, at what's likely a much lower cost. Audible differences in the deep bass will depend on what kind of load you're driving, but are likely to be pretty subtle.

All Brystons are worth the money, if you have the money.

I've heard an old 3B driving EV Sentry 100s, and old 7B driving Bose 901s and an old Hafler 500 series driving the same 901s. The 3B combo and 7B had way more oomph with mid-bass and lower. I've also heard the Hafler M5 monitor system with the new amps (Model 1600?) and it doesn't have the same low end.

Admittedly, I couldn't A/B or even match components except for the 901s but after what I've heard, and the fact they offer the best guarantee I've ever seen for anything...

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.