No sound from Sony STR-K850P, HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, update:

I removed the main board, and checked for any cracks. There were none. With this step, I reattached the main board ensuring all screws were tightened to the chassis to ensure proper ground.

The receiver still showed low distorted sound, until I turned the volume up to "40", then it kicked in with loud distorted volume. The strange part here is that the audible volume did not change going from 1 up to 39, then at 40 it kicked in loudly. With nothing to lose, I did disconnect the test speaker, and turned the volme up to MAX (70). The unit then went into "Protect" mode. I unplugged, and let set for a minute, then powered on, and same results. Odd....

I'm starting to wonder if there is something in the volume control, or perhaps a power supply issue to the amps? Any ideas guys???

Thanks again for the help and patience.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.