Studio Reference Amplifier

Mr. Mile S...
Absolutely right...
Last night I replaced those two zener diodes, install back 2k2 resistor and check the diodes...Finally I got 15Volt on those ones...Thank you so much..
For the first run I set 1V on R10 (instead of fuse)...
Dc offset measured at 24mv...it is a little bit high, isn't it?...But I have not test the sound yet, it was too late of night....
I will try to take pictures and post them in this forum...
Thank you so much Mr. Mile S. for sharing this SR200 design...
Best Regards...
Arif

Offset 24mV for DC amplifier is very good.

What is power of your stage monitors? I suggest SR200, B500, HV23 or H900 for powerfull stage monitors with 15 inch woofer.
Regards

sir
thank you for you'r reply.thank you
i will attach PDf file my speaker selection for now 2 way stage monitor. sir what is the differences bet win DIY power AMP & comarshal pro audio power amp what are the basic pacification on PRO amp good for drive bass bin, Low MId Mid high, high high or full range.
thanks
nuwan

Attachments

• IMF-HP15W2.pdf
    338.6 KB · Views: 619
  • PHT-415.pdf
    246 KB · Views: 405
You want a speaker design for the drivers from us and then use that to allow a suggestion for a suitable amplifier.
You ask too much.

sir
don't mis understand me.i just want to show the speaker i am go in to select for my next stage monitor project.i am new to diy i don't know much, that's way i post speaker pacification file. sir apex or any one who know abut this thing can help me. i all ready made pair of folded horn & bubble top's for my friend we don't have heavy gig. we are in tight budget. i will post some of pic speaker cabinet we made. i did not disaign cabinet drawings. this is just for fun & practice for our boys.

sorry for my bad English
thanks
nuwan

Attachments

• moto_0656.jpg
    moto_0656.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 1,358
  • IMG00215.jpg
    IMG00215.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 1,294
sir
thank you for you'r reply.thank you
i will attach PDf file my speaker selection for now 2 way stage monitor. sir what is the differences bet win DIY power AMP & comarshal pro audio power amp if we want to by bran new power amp what are the basic considering pacification on PRO amp good for drive bass bin, Low MId Mid high, high high or full range.
thanks
nuwan

Last edited:
what power and impedance rating are those speakers that you have? HV23 and HV350 will give you 240W/8r 350/4r and they would be just fine for monitors(midbas-middle-high) and APEX 50-500W is simple,relatively cheap and very good amplifier for full range-so for woofer it would be great. HV23 and HV350 are ab-class amplifiers and for full stereo power you will need good psu with 1kVA transformer,2 x 10000uf of capacitors at least,and heatsinks with fan cooling:than you will have a beast of an amplifier.
APEX 50-500W is b-class amplifier so it is not heating that much,but it still needs a proper heatsink(s), at least 1,3kVA transformer with about 2x 15000uF of capacitors.
The diference between diy and commercial amp? DIY if proper done (no sparing on transformer and capacitors in psu,heatsinks...) comes more expencive option but because of that it does not "lose its breadth" at peak of its power like most commercial does. If done properly,diy can compeete with even more expencive amplifiers. That is my opinion...

what power and impedance rating are those speakers that you have? HV23 and HV350 will give you 240W/8r 350/4r and they would be just fine for monitors(midbas-middle-high) and APEX 50-500W is simple,relatively cheap and very good amplifier for full range-so for woofer it would be great. HV23 and HV350 are ab-class amplifiers and for full stereo power you will need good psu with 1kVA transformer,2 x 10000uf of capacitors at least,and heatsinks with fan cooling:than you will have a beast of an amplifier.
APEX 50-500W is b-class amplifier so it is not heating that much,but it still needs a proper heatsink(s), at least 1,3kVA transformer with about 2x 15000uF of capacitors.
The diference between diy and commercial amp? DIY if proper done (no sparing on transformer and capacitors in psu,heatsinks...) comes more expencive option but because of that it does not "lose its breadth" at peak of its power like most commercial does. If done properly,diy can compeete with even more expencive amplifiers. That is my opinion...

sir
thank you for you'r opinion, really it mean lot to me thank you
all those speakers are 8ohm each woofers 18" 600w, each mid bass 15" 250w, High 50w compression driver, this power rating mention back of speaker magnet, & i don't know this rating weather "peak power of speaker" or "program power of speaker" or RMS power of speaker. this all speakers used ones we brot
thanks
nuwan

sir Apex plz i am sorry.... if i put something off topic to tread.
thanks
nuwan

Finally I'm getting some time to spend on my APEX SR200.
I'm using PCB3.1 from ALEX_MM, I've not populated the two 100nF shown.

I've only had it on my bench supply, first limited to 200mA at 30V-0-30V DC.
Then unlimited (which is 5A per rail for my bench supply).
Worked first time with no hums etc. Offset 0.1mV on bench supply, biased at 10mV over 0.33R's.
When I get some more time I'll connect it to my 45-0-45V AC 500VA transformer and have a listen again.
I don't have any bigger transformer at hand.

Thanks again to Apex and Alex.

Attachments

• SR200_3.jpg
    SR200_3.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 1,602
  • SR200_2.jpg
    SR200_2.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 1,463
  • SR200_1.jpg
    SR200_1.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 1,349
Finally I'm getting some time to spend on my APEX SR200.
I'm using PCB3.1 from ALEX_MM, I've not populated the two 100nF shown.

I've only had it on my bench supply, first limited to 200mA at 30V-0-30V DC.
Then unlimited (which is 5A per rail for my bench supply).
Worked first time with no hums etc. Offset 0.1mV on bench supply, biased at 10mV over 0.33R's.
When I get some more time I'll connect it to my 45-0-45V AC 500VA transformer and have a listen again.
I don't have any bigger transformer at hand.

Thanks again to Apex and Alex.

Nice work,
Regards

First of all, I'd like to know how to rate this thread 6/5 stars.

I've connected up my SR200 to my transformer, set bias at 10mV over 0.33R.

Measured 0.1mV DC offset at output.
Measured 0.00mV AC(rms) on 200mV Digital Multimeter.
NO hiss and no hums etc.

wow wow wow , excellent amp and sounds exceptional, now the best amp I own.

I've designed and built my own Lin type amplifier, and I have to be honest
this amp from Apexaudio, is far far better sounding.

sorry or all the repetitive words, but its that good in my opinion :)

Thanks again to Apex for amplifier design and Alex for pcb design.

Last edited:

NO hiss and no hums etc.

Very nice...Congratulation.....:cheers:

NO hiss and no hums etc.

Nice work,
Regards