Studio Reference Amplifier

I suggest to use TOP3 outputs like SanKen 2SA1294/2SC3263.
For test use 150R/10W instead fuse in 220V AC line.

The pcb should be a little bit bigger,i´d say about 20% . I´ve searched forum pages and pages earlier written but i haven´t found this file,could someone suggest me a page/post where it was posted?

And yes,ALEX MM you´re amasing! I have allready saved two pcb/layouts of SR200 designed by you,and if i find it this would be third!

Thank you for all pcb-layouts given to us!

I'm sorry, and maybe this has been discussed before, but shouldn't Q11/BD139 be on the same heatsink as the output transistors?

Or as D. Self suggested on his book, bolted to one of the output transistors?

I hadn't paid attention to the pcbs before, so I hadn't realized that.

On a bipolar output amp there should be some tracking of the temperature, and the VBE transistor should do that.

The pcb should be a little bit bigger,i´d say about 20% . I´ve searched forum pages and pages earlier written but i haven´t found this file,could someone suggest me a page/post where it was posted?

And yes,ALEX MM you´re amasing! I have allready saved two pcb/layouts of SR200 designed by you,and if i find it this would be third!

Thank you for all pcb-layouts given to us!

This pcb is in post #154
Regards

Yes yes that is the one! I´ve started with searching from last to first page,that is why i haven´t found it. Thank you so much!

This pcb is in post #154
Regards

I allready have files for "SR200 V2" and "SR200 V2.3" (both done by alex mm) ,but i haven´t had this one with side mounted outputs. When i begin to do SR200 it will be V2.3 ,and i allready have donor for it,it is some unrepairable amplifier with working 2 x 53VAC 900VA transformer,side mounted heatsinks and good looking fabric metal box with 2 x 14 led power level indicator...more than half parts needed. If i find a picture of it i will post it.

Attachments

• IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 1,930
  • IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 1,779
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 1,601
  • IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 1,536
Last edited:
Nice spec.´s for MJ pair,but the price is more than double than 2SC5200/2SC1943. Would there be trouble if i use 2SC/2SA pairs on 4 Ohm load? If i calculated it well,there would not be trouble but i am not so sure in my calculations. I am messing RMS and Peak voltages with current through the output transistors and speaker. If i calculated well,for 200W on 8ohm there should be 40Vrms/56,4Vp and the current should be 5A. For the same output voltage on 4Ohm load there would be 10A of current. On output transistors there would be 35V if i use 40Vrms or 350W of disipation for three of them (116W/transistor). If i use Vp value (56,4Vp) there would be 18,6V /10A or 186W for all of them(62W/transistor)

Is there any good from my calculations,and if there is,what value of voltage should i use;Vrms or Vp?

(sorry for beginers questions,just don´t know how to find out...)

Hello,
OK, I have not paralleled the resistor to inductor, Will do it.

Alex I mounted the transistors, and connected to psu.
Fired up and connected to mobile phone---- No sound.
Mobile disconnected Touch input pin with hand it make lots of noise and 22e resistor on psu gets extremely hot.
Checked all the connections.
Checked for shorts- No shorts.
Checked transistors for short to heat Sink- No short.
Disconnected speaker gnd from psu gnd- Psu resistor does not get hot, Connect again gets hot.

what Could be the problem.

And how do I Measure and adjust the Bias, Please Show exact procedure, I have never done it before.

Sir,

Plz share its schematic

Dear Mr. Apex,
I am sorry .
I plan to post it here after I write some review about it, with some measurements I conducted. I have just finished and test it for some hours. The wiring is so mess...
I will post it soon..
Thank you so much for sharing your amplifier designs...
Best regards,
Arif Budiyanto

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Apex,
I am sorry .
I plan to post it here after I write some review about it, with some measurements I conducted. I have just finished and test it for some hours. The wiring is so mess...
I will post it soon..
Thank you so much for sharing your amplifier designs...
Best regards,
Arif Budiyanto

Nice work, can you share your PSU-10 pcb design?
Regards