Studio Reference Amplifier - Page 25 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 12:30 PM   #241
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Quezon City
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
There is no mosfets on SR200
My mistake, I was thinking about HV350 which uses mosfets. BTW, viki_v2 used 2sc2922-2sa1216, will it increase the power capability of the amplifier as well since it is rated @200w per pair? Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 01:11 PM   #242
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
No, use buffer preamp from post #177,
I think it's a shame to use such expensive parts and then put a large (electrolytic) capacitor at the output to block DC offset.

Why not try something simpler, like this:

DAC output stage
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 02:21 PM   #243
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
I think it's a shame to use such expensive parts and then put a large (electrolytic) capacitor at the output to block DC offset.

Why not try something simpler, like this:

DAC output stage
Why not try something like this:
http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/B1%20Buffer%20Preamp.pdf
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 03:34 PM   #244
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brazil
That's much better, but it still needs an output capacitor.

As you also have a 10uF capacitor at the SR100/SR200 input, why not integrate that Pass preamp to it?

Why not eliminate R1, R2, C1 and R3 from the amp, or C101, R104 and R105 from the buffer? That is: leave just one 10uF cap and pick a top quality film type for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 03:45 PM   #245
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
That's much better, but it still needs an output capacitor.

As you also have a 10uF capacitor at the SR100/SR200 input, why not integrate that Pass preamp to it?

Why not eliminate R1, R2, C1 and R3 from the amp, or C101, R104 and R105 from the buffer? That is: leave just one 10uF cap and pick a top quality film type for it.
You can use 'REF' (DC) input ( schematic in post #50)...Studio Reference Amplifier
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 07:02 PM   #246
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
You can use 'REF' (DC) input ( schematic in post #50)...Studio Reference Amplifier
Indeed, going into REF will bypass all those parts and you only use the buffer output cap. Nice call.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 09:41 AM   #247
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlester87 View Post
My mistake, I was thinking about HV350 which uses mosfets. BTW, viki_v2 used 2sc2922-2sa1216, will it increase the power capability of the amplifier as well since it is rated @200w per pair? Thanks
No, with same rail voltage and load amp output power will be same.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 10:34 AM   #248
viki_v2 is offline viki_v2  India
diyAudio Member
 
viki_v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: India (Mumbai)
Mile,
Today I tested both the amps properly connecting to my floor standers,
Checked both channels Individually for difference, Speaker with Amp having 2sc2922 is giving better performance in comparison to 2sc5200. Even with 2 pairs of transistors it out performs amp with 3 pairs of transistors in bass section at same volumes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 11:20 AM   #249
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brazil
Is there any US supplier that stocks Sanken transistors like the 2sc2922? Who does?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 11:36 AM   #250
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by viki_v2 View Post
Mile,
Today I tested both the amps properly connecting to my floor standers,
Checked both channels Individually for difference, Speaker with Amp having 2sc2922 is giving better performance in comparison to 2sc5200. Even with 2 pairs of transistors it out performs amp with 3 pairs of transistors in bass section at same volumes.
I prefer SanKen, but Toshiba is easy available and I want to share high-end diy amp useing standard parts.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Studio Reference I: beefing up the power supply elac310 Power Supplies 4 28th April 2010 12:50 AM
Reference Amp for studio exhausted mule Solid State 0 5th June 2006 05:39 AM
studio amplifier project? rotation Chip Amps 2 2nd February 2006 04:33 AM
Any website reference for diy Audio Research REFERENCE amp and Manley Studio amp bmpa Tubes / Valves 4 19th April 2004 05:11 AM
Any information , website reference for diy Hi-End computer studio sound card? bmpa Digital Source 5 16th April 2004 04:57 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2