Class AB amp made by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DjLeco, diagram overload protection I think like with the diagram below called amp.jpg (I could even say almost the entire amplifier, perhaps with some small differences, the number of output transistors...).

I have attached below block diagram drawn by you where I framed with red some resistors. What value are the currents through those resistors?

I ask this because that current values are important for proper functioning of the amplifier. DC balance of the input differential pair is essential in power amplifiers. It still seems almost unknown that minor deviations from equal Ic in the pair seriously upset the second-harmonic cancellation. So, imbalance also reduces the open-loop gain if serious enough. Treat this issue very carefully.

Regards.

Attachments

• schema bloc.jpg
    schema bloc.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 793
Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to calculate practical the damping factor, follow instructions from there (they is not pretty accurate but... works!):
Damping Factor with Calculator

On the other hand, damping factor is of two types:

1. Rated Damping Factor = RDF (as shown in the calculation of the site posted above). This damping factor is calculated based on laboratory test conditions which have little connection with actual operation of the amplifier.

2. Effective Damping Factor = EFD (more accurately describes the interaction between a real amplifier and a real speaker). So, when we calculate the EDF of an amplifier, it is absolutely necessary that we include this DC resistance into the damping factor expression. For example, if the actual impedance of the speaker may be 4 Ohms and we measure the voice coil of this speaker, we will probably find that it has a DC resistance of about 3 Ohms. Then, there must be taken into account the impedance of the speaker resonance (which can reach and the 40 ohm). We need to take account of this, because at resonance, speakers typically are very uncontrolled and have the least mechanical damping. So this is damping factor, I tell you... is real (and usually is much smaller than RFD).

Later edit: Remember that all, any amount of damping factor is affected by power supply amplifier characteristics. Design well the power supply to have a high damping factor.

Regards.

Last edited:
well who are we to judge your effort and schematic ??? ....

but please spare me a moment and listen ...

---to put a product like that on the market now days you need CE ... that will cost some money

--- then again making a prototype on you own and testing it in dJ sets ( that is what your avatar say ) is not enough ...you need to go farther Pa sets thermal tests abuse tests and so on ... that evenatually will also cost some money

--- then again in amplifiers that are made for pro use behind the schematic of the amplifier which actually is only the 25 % of the job since you need to design also thermals , protections, box ,ergonomy, logos , plugs and conectivity , expire date , guaranty /parts /service, user friendly controls ,user manual, service manual which also will cost some money

--- Totally the all above cost needs to be added to the cost of the amplifier unless you can sell 2000 pcs very quickly before people understand that what you are selling is actually scrap ( i am ok with that ...we have seen all shorts of things like that in chinese amplifiers i dont see the reason why one more will make any aditional damage )

finally you will realize that may be you are GOD and your amplifier is devine created but still not cost effective ..

when you are done with the calculations of cost of production we ... humble people are going to be here waiting to see the GOD sent schematic !!!:D:D:D

a humble forum member

with respect sakis

Last edited:
Sakis mine respect for you, too!
First I doesn't sell to make a business from that.

I will sell to friends DJ like me who ordered deja.

If you had see all the test so that amp was take, you will understand it, NEVER on music will take so hard compared to my tests.

Separatell will be an other module with thermal protection (LM350), DC out protection, delay,balanced input stage with limmiter, display, etc.

Now I'm waiting to come, professional PCB's, hope in 1 week to arrive!

This is DIYaudio.
If your product is to be sold then that is not DIYaudio.
If you intend using Members' skills to improve your product, without releasing the technical details, then that is not acceptable either.
If you do not intend to reveal substantial parts of your design proposal to the Members, then the topic does not belong in Solid State DIYaudio.
Move it to Vendors or remove it completely.

Hi.
I am not much bothered by DjLeco publish some about his amplifier.
Alright for me.
If this should be against forum rules, we let moderators decide. That is what they are for.
I do not think 1 minute DjLeco thinks he will be making lots of money.
And even if, it is not very easy.

I think it is good to know about this amplifier.
Better than to know NOTHING.
So, thanks DjLeco for posting :)

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
"This is DIYaudio.
If your product is to be sold then that is not DIYaudio.
If you intend using Members' skills to improve your product, without releasing the technical details, then that is not acceptable either.
If you do not intend to reveal substantial parts of your design proposal to the Members, then the topic does not belong in Solid State DIYaudio.
Move it to Vendors or remove it completely. "

Sorry, this does not stack up . . . after Pavel openly advertises and solicits fellow members to buy his pre-amp PCB's, ditto GK and a dozen other guys over the last 2 years or so. And lets not forget that Pavel did not pusblish his circuit until 2 or 3 months after he first mentioned it.

Let me make it clear, I have nothing against Pavel and GK soliciting in the forum outside of the vendors area - good luck to them.

No double standards. Stop sniping and let the guy share his design and the results over the coming weeks.

And, when will you put one of your efforts up for us to take a look at Andrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.