Counterpoint SA-12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
Does anyone have the manual/circuit for the Counterpoint SA-12 amplifier? I guess I could get it from altavistaaudio.com but it costs about $50/ + for it, I thought I would check here first.

Does anyone know which FETs are used in this amp and whether there are any substitutes available for them?

thanks much
vsr

some say exicon fets can be used with some minor circuit mods, pin-outs and bias limits. I own one of these things myself. I am not overly impressed and found a luxman lv-105u sounds just as good. I have replaced all of the caps on the board, reset bias that was way off, I also replaced the HV rectifier as it crapped out. You should have heard the buzzing when that rectifier shorted out.

For a price M/E will do anything for you even provide used matched sets that cost a arm and leg to buy from him. I am not impressed with this amp, it is in general not a happy machine and I can tell I am in for a nightmare ride keeping this thing going. Might sell it off now as it is working like new and buy another dynaco st70, might get the new kits offered at triode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.