Upper Limits of Biasing 2SC2922 2SA1216

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The glaring omission from this thread so far (unless I have somehow missed it) is the output stage topology. CFP or Darlington? It makes a huge difference to optimum quiescent current. To a first approximation the best current does not vary with BJT type, but it varies greatly with topology and emitter resistor value.
yes the question was asked but never answered some 7 years ago
what output stage is fitted?
Strange - nobody mentioned that earlier,
7 years ago was admittedly a bit too far back to remember.

Last edited:
Assuming standard BJTs (e.g. no built-in ballast resistors) then the transistor type does not matter too much. It is the circuit which determines the best quiescent current setting. One ought to be able to assume that the original designer knew what he was doing.

Saying "what is the best bias setting for BJTs 2SCxyz?" is a bit like asking "what is the best engine idle speed when I have Acme XYnn tyres on my car?".

Anyway, as I said, I suspect that for Darlington outputs there is no optimum setting. Or at least, it is a very broad setting so not worth worrying about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.