How to remove hum sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone out there.... I have this problem with my new build 50watt mono block power amp, whenever i switch on the power of the power amp, it give me the loud hum sound... the hum sound will gone off after i turn on the input signal source (CD Player). Just wana know how to remove the hum sound before turning on the cd-player??? Thank in advance for any helpful information. :)

Re: hum

yeti said:
You can solder resistors from hot to ground on your inputs.
I think the values should be in the range between 10K and 47K.

good luck

Arne

finally sloved the problem... but the values range u gave me doesn't work for my amp... so i use a variable resistor & found out that a 2 ohm resistor value work best for me... Thank for ur idea! :)

the 15k is the input resistance, by u putting a 2ohm resistor across, u are almost shorting the damn thing, u want to becareful not to short up the preamp`s output stage. i thing u should take out that 2 ohm resistor and resort to something else.

simple theory,

(R1*R2)/(R1+R2)

eg:

(15k*2)/(15k+2) = 30k/15k002
= 2 ohms

becareful.

if u have 2volts into the inputs.

V=IR

therefore

I=V/R
I=4/2
I = 2 ampere.

u are certainly overdriving the preamp.

since u are in singapore, give me a call at 62812827. lets see what we can do.

REGARDS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.