Luxman LV-105u vs LV-107u

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am in the progress of finding a good way to repair (one output channel shot) and maybe upgrade this Luxman LV-105u unit i got for free. (the former "repairman" got exhausted when he didn't find the original Fet's)

I'm open for all suggestions (new?) and have allready read those threads that resides in this forum.

And also. What is the difference between the LV-105u and LV107u? I can't find it easily in the servie manuals. Maybe small options one could add to the LV-105 u unit of mine.

unit like that will need most of caps replaced some of them upgraded but beyond that there is a bunch of other staff you can do to make it even more cleaner and detailed than allready a conmsumer product is ...

see the schematics ... make up your mind and i can give you an opinion in the things ive done so far in costumers amplifiers 105-107 that i have repaired so far

both schematics are available ...so let m know if youlike to have them devicemanager@eastelectronics.gr

Hi
I have allready repaired it with other FET's, another PSU bridge for the filaments, added heatzinks and also modified the Phono amplifier (which is really really good). Read my threads in this or Audio Kharma forum.
There is a major problem with the switches though. Contact problems on some of them which gives distortion and crackles. Sometimes in one channel, sometimes not at all. A bit dissapointing because I can't sell it with good confidence if it's not, more or less, OK.
There is spareparts available but who knows if those switches, which have laying in a box in 30 years, are better then the ones allready in use ?
I'm into building active speakers and are willing to sell this piece but it weighs a lot so maybe not outside Sweden?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.