need help with leach amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2010, 03:30 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Talking need help with leach amplifier

Hello everybody!,
I'm new here and I have a few questions about my leach low tim amplifier.
So, I made my own circuit boards using Dr. Leachs provided trace pattern. Got all the components on the board and started to run through the board test procedure that he has provided. I tack soldered the two 100 ohm resistors from the output to both sides of R36, and the jumper in parallel with C12. Then when I get to the instruction that says to apply the 1khz signal to the amp board, and monitoring the output with a scope, I get nothing, absolutely nothing on the output. He says that it should take no more than 25ma, but when I did it, it took 80ma. Where did I go wrong, or what should I do?

Have I made a beginner error? Keep in mind Im 16 and have only had a few years of electronics experienceClick the image to open in full size.
Old 19th August 2010, 05:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Take lots of pictures ,we all love to help.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Umm how do you upload pictures to it, I have them on an sd card, but when I click insert, it asks for the url of the page where the picture is, what do I do? Anyways, after a few hours of tinkering and whatnot, they kinda both work. But...after a few minutes the output slowly starts to diminish to nothing... I have the same problem on both of them. Then if you increase the voltage it will rise back up again, then do the same thing, diminish to nothing. ????
Old 26th August 2010, 11:57 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrogeek View Post
Umm how do you upload pictures to it, I have them on an sd card, but when I click insert, it asks for the url of the page where the picture is, what do I do? Anyways, after a few hours of tinkering and whatnot, they kinda both work. But...after a few minutes the output slowly starts to diminish to nothing... I have the same problem on both of them. Then if you increase the voltage it will rise back up again, then do the same thing, diminish to nothing. ????
You need to put the pictures on your website and then use a URL to the pictures on here.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:56 AM   #5
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Check that your pics meet the standard limits set by the Forum.
If they don't then crop them to what WE NEED to see. Compress them with suitable software. check what they look like after doing that. Look at reducing the pixel count and compress again. check the pic quality.

Put the compressed, minimum pixel count, cropped pics into your desktop (or any where else where you can locate them quickly).

Attach each pic to your post.

Last edited by AndrewT; 27th August 2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
Check that your pics meet the standard limits set by the Forum.
If they don't then crop them to what WE NEED to see. Compress them with suitable software. check what they look like after doing that. Look at reducing the pixel count and compress again. check the pic quality.

Put the compressed, minimum pixel count, cropped pics into your desktop (or any where else where you can locate them quickly).

Attach each pic to your post.
Hear hear ! well said Andrew, nothing worse than those threads that expand the margins and take all day to load even with a high speed connection.

a few 100's kb at most is normally good enough.

To add a photo,
First click "go advanced" in the box below the "quick reply" message box. Doesn't matter if you decide half way through a message to do that, it carries it foward.

Then click "Manage attachements"
Click browse in the first box at the top and find your picture. Repeat for any more pictures.
Click upload... a message appears "uploading"
When complete, scroll down to the bottom of page and click "close this window"

The pictures should now be attached and when you post will appear. I don't think they show in message preview... they never used to anyway.

Make sure your pics aren't too big, a couple of 100k is plenty, and many object when they are massive and it alters the margins
It tells you in the attachments window what max sizes are allowed.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:20 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
You need to put the pictures on your website and then use a URL to the pictures on here.
Don't put them onto a website and link to them to avoid staying within the Forum's limits.
They still download (if that facility is not turned off) and still take time to download and get lost when the weblink gets broken.
Old 31st August 2010, 06:53 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the help, pretty sure I did it right. But that is my set up in the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4587.JPG (50.4 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4589.JPG (68.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4593.JPG (75.0 KB, 218 views)
Old 31st August 2010, 08:30 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

After following the board test procedures, and after some tinkering with the boards, they yield an output. But, after approx. 2-3 minutes, the output will diminish down to nothing.???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4595.JPG (44.0 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4597.JPG (46.2 KB, 59 views)
Old 31st August 2010, 10:49 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I wonder if these pics are telling us that some component/s is/are overheating?

Hide this!Advertise here!