Kaneda 50W Class A amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I did long time ago. L'Audiophile published a later version of this amp with a modified first stage differential and a modified overall feedback. Send your PM and I'll try to find the article and will mail a copy and my circuit layout.

Did somebody make this amp?

Attachments

• L'Audiophile 014.jpg
    L'Audiophile 014.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 1,058
Yes i like to built one , i have all original trannies except 2SA1316, can i use 2sa872ae or 2sa640 instead2sa1316?

Is thin susumu japanese resistor give special sound character?

Best regards,

Josh

Hi Josh,

You can, of course. May be that you will lose the specific sound signature of the 2SA1316, however. Akito Kaneda as well as Jean Hiraga and the L’Audiophile crew thoroughly examined and selected all active and passive parts for their designs.

The resistors in the picture are Shinkoh. They were ludicrously inexpensive in Japan in the 80ies and early 90ies.

I’m still trying to find the article about the later version of the 50W Class A published in La Revue de L’Audiophile.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.