6ch amp help ? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2002, 11:22 PM   #11
blmn is offline blmn  Brazil
diyAudio Member

May be LM3886 for the sattelites/centre channel and a Leach or Slone or Rod for the sub. It would be easy and cheap considering an initial project for a newbie.
Old 4th January 2002, 02:02 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hey tiroth, what is the reference P3 design you are referring to? I can't find anything resembling that on Rod Elliott's pages .

You are probably right about the noise spec though. Anything better than about 90 dB is pretty much gravy. In the spirit of overkill, the design I will probably build has a SNR of -110 dB .
Old 4th January 2002, 03:35 AM   #13
abd is offline abd
diyAudio Member

Hey Gals/Guys

Thanks for all the input

I will most likely go with Rod's design and mabye Leach's or some other complex design when i can convince my cousin to build one for himself hehe

Any recommendations for some more complex designs when i manage to convince him.

Also, what do you think of this design http://www.aussieamplifiers.com/ as posted by Freddie. I know there aint much detail there yet.

Tiroth - i can get wholesale prices but there isn't much difference between the retail prices on most parts

Thanks again, much appreciated
Old 4th January 2002, 09:17 AM   #14
Freddie is offline Freddie  Sweden
diyAudio Member

abd,

I haven't seen the schematic of the 6 channel mosfet amp...
The information I have about it can be found here.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~aussieamps/what's.htm

I think it's based on the N-channel amp, which from what I've heard is a really nice amp..
It's much more powerfull than the ESP amp.. However it is also more expensive to build. I think it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

/Freddie
Old 4th January 2002, 12:51 PM   #15
tiroth is offline tiroth  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverpike
Hey tiroth, what is the reference P3 design you are referring to? I can't find anything resembling that on Rod Elliott's pages .
There are actually two versions of the project: the original Project 3, and the updated 3a (plus an even older design). Project 3 includes some test info and comments that 3a does not...very good reading for P3a constructors.

ABD-surplus is the way to go if you can find places that have the parts you need.

Hide this!Advertise here!