Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2010, 02:26 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
Amazon.com shows its US release date as October. Price is considerably more attractive than the UK edition.
Unfortunately there are some errors in the pre-order information that went out on the Internet. The retail price is actually $60 US. I hope you'll still buy it :-). I'll have a box of them with me at RMAF.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:38 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cordell View Post
The retail price is actually $60 US. I hope you'll still buy it :-).
In that case, I'll avail myself of Amazon's "pre-order price guarantee" and order very soon for the current asking price of $26.40. I trust your royalty won't be affected...
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:47 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumanauw View Post
Mr. Curl, will you make a book too?
He needs to make a book one first
Old 3rd August 2010, 05:22 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Damon Hill
Amazon.com: Designing Audio Power Amplifiers (9780071640244): Bob Cordell: Books (Amazon's listing)

Mine is pre-ordered at $26, with shipping about $33. If that's their current guaranteed price, ya'll better hop on board before the bean-counters discover their mistake!

I'd buy Mr. Curl's book, too.
Old 3rd August 2010, 05:53 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
People must be pre-ordering at nice brisk pace, its already risen to #9 in 'Acoustics and Sound' ranking
Old 3rd August 2010, 06:14 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Congrats on your book , Bob. If it is in the same style as your DIYA interviews , I might be game for a rare purchase. Speaking of interviews , they are invaluable resources for those who are in pursuit of rock solid amplifier design and are presented in a non-confrontational /easily digested format , very rare indeed on this forum.
OS
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:35 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostripper View Post
Congrats on your book , Bob. If it is in the same style as your DIYA interviews , I might be game for a rare purchase. Speaking of interviews , they are invaluable resources for those who are in pursuit of rock solid amplifier design and are presented in a non-confrontational /easily digested format , very rare indeed on this forum.
OS
Hi ostripper,

Thanks very much for your kind words. I do believe you will perceive it to be in that style. I've tried very hard to write a book that can appeal to and be useful to the newbie while going very deep at the same time. That can be quite a challenge. Although you all know that I have opinions, I have also sought to touch on both sides of most issues in a fair way. For example, some will be surprized to see that I have a chapter that covers the design of amplifiers with no negative feedback and amplifiers with wide open-loop bandwidth.

Cheers,
Bob
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:04 AM   #18
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

congratulations Bob Cordell.....althougth i tend to like Leach a lot, your writings are always wonderfull read....

i hope you can do an upgraded version of your THD analyser featured in AUDIO magazines using modern parts.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:10 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Default feedback

Congratulations on your book, Bob!
>I have a chapter that covers the design of amplifiers with no negative feedback and amplifiers....
No global NFB or no NFB at all?

Cheers,
Edmond.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:08 PM   #20
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

shucks, they added $7 for post to outside the USA.

Due to arrive in time for my Christmas.

Hide this!Advertise here!