looking for basic MOSFET amp schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I am looking for a basic MOSFET amp schematics, But have a few restrictions. you should be able to power the amp with 12 volts that draws fairly low amperage, and should have a fairly low parts count.

I am looking for something to drive a set of subs, about 100W @ 2 ohms, or 200W @ 8 ohms. My major problem is that for amps of this size, They are usually quite complex, they need voltages of around DC 50 - 70 Volts, or they won't take a 2 ohm load.

if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Jude

jude ward said:
Hi! I am looking for a basic MOSFET amp schematics, But have a few restrictions.

You should be able to power the amp with 12 volts that draws fairly low amperage, and should have a fairly low parts count.

Never gonna happen ... If you need it to run from 12V it will draw a large current and require a switching power supply and have a big parts count. 100W @ 2ohms you need to deliver 10amps on the peaks to the speakers and 20V. If you're running this from a 12V supply with a switching power supply it will probably draw a little over 20Amps from the 12V supply line.

I am looking for something to drive a set of subs, about 100W @ 2 ohms, or 200W @ 8 ohms. My major problem is that for amps of this size, They are usually quite complex, they need voltages of around DC 50 - 70 Volts, or they won't take a 2 ohm load.

A mosfet amp with 200W @ 8ohms will need a front end of about 65-70V cause the amp will need to deliver just over 7amps on the peaks to the speakers and just over 56V.

allrite.. Whell, When I said low amperage, I just ment that I didn't want to have to run another alternator in my car for the amp. Is there somthing I could possibally try? anyway, I am interested in the design of the amp as whell. So if you have any schematics of, or know where to find, schematics of an amp of 100W or 200W, Please lemme know. Also if you wouldn't mind telling me how I could boost a DC voltage, that would be great

Thankyou
Jude

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.