amp: 4-ch ... stereo with adjustable xover??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Personally, I'd try using a car amp as these are very easy to find with 4 channels and often have crossovers or low pass filters too. Instead of hooking them up to a battery, you could try temporarily powering the amps with an old ATX power supply. Whilst you wouldn't be able to push the amps too hard or loud, for testing and experimenting, this should be enough. Just power the amp with the +12V line on the power supply and connect the remote terminal on the amp to to 12V terminal. To turn the ATX supply on, you must short the green wire in the main motherboard connector to one of the ground (black) wires.

Albireo

I use the MiniDSP for my nearfield setup at my PC.

Two fullrange speakers and one subwoofer.

The plugin used is the 2.1 PEQ.

If I like it?

Yes, it is not a bad solution :D

What does this mean?

MiniDSP: the input AD converter and the output DAC included in the ADAU1701 chip are not of the best quality.

So, I use the MiniDIGI board's SPDIF input as digital input device.

The MiniAMP is quite good but does not reach the quality of good t-amps.

I have the intention to later use the spdif out of the MiniDIGI, remove the amp, attach my own DAC and amplifiers.

The functionality is very appealing, as you have many correction possiblities with the DSP plugin.

Franz

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.