the ultra Fet Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello SolidState Man:)
in this project you can see all the best of my Science:confused:
this buffer with cascode have as load two SRPP
this circuit can works with estreme audio accuracy:cool:

Attachments

• +srpp Ultra jfet  BUFFER.PNG
    +srpp Ultra jfet BUFFER.PNG
    122.5 KB · Views: 412
Why is there a current source on the collector of the cascode transistor? This would equate to two current sources in series :xeye: because the collector is essentially a current source, all be it dependent on the input transistor current. Should not the CCS be from the base of the cascode transistor to the rail? And what's with that noisy Zener? I would loose that nasty thing.:yuck:

Simpler yet would be to use larger goss J-fets as the cascode transistors (larger Vgs) and completely forget the voltage divider and current sources.;)

AKA Erno Borbely :)

Last edited:
I suspect it won't actually work, and is a theoretical idea never tested.

Why? The purpose of a buffer is to drive lower impedances than the basic previous signal circuit can drive - yes?

But above each cascoded fet source follower is an EXTREMELY tight CCS, so where can peak currents come from that will be needed into any lowish impedance load?

Stee?

Regards, Allen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.