Ebay 2SC5200/A1943 amp kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
while looking on ebay for a bit i saw this quite interesting amplifier.
21 dollar for a PCB and all parts, even including the small heatsinks needed.
PCB looks nice imho, parts look promising.
but anyone got any experience with this amplifier, i was thinking about building a stereo pair for my PC.

got some 18V and 22V transformers here, and 50 watts is enough.
and what kind of cooling would be needed, i guess 1 K/W should be enough.
or maybe a CPU cooler + silent fan?

Link to the amp kit

Rik

0.5C/watt for 2 means 1C/watt per piece right?
i got some of those, and transformers.
so would be 26 dollars per channel + casing.
question is more, is it a fairly decent amplifier, PCB looks nice, parts dont look to cheap, at least not cheaper then the stuff i use :)

Yet another example of chinese thievery!

There was someone on here who bought one of these kits and found out very quickly that they had given the wrong polarity transistor for the bias device. His outputs soon blew - and they're probably fake Toshiba's anyway.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Have a look at this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/165674-i-guess-diy-wasnt-me.html

If this is the same, be careful of the Vbias circuit. They have changed it a bit and it may work, I am not sure. On the amp above I just used a DB139 for the Vbias as per Carlos's original circuit and it worked fine.

The PCB is not 100% copy but the components placement is the same, quality is pretty good for US$21. The Toshibas looked genuine to me but I didn't open one up to check.

regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.