The MONGREL (supersym II)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Didn't you consider building the Honey Badger instead of this old Mongrel model?
It seems the selected DIYAUDIO amp is the best of OS's efforts from all the Mongrels versions. Anyone may correct me if I am wrong.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/192431-diyab-amp-class-ab-amp-diyaudio.html
Even though, congratulations for your nice job!
Regards,
Max.

I did not know about that one (Honey Badger) ,a friend of mine told me all the best about mongrel so i started it. I have read the most of the topic but there are a few things that i don´t understand

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/169590-mongrel-supersym-ii-184.html#post2954547

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/169590-mongrel-supersym-ii-184.html#post2956426

so,building has stopped and waits for some better times when i get more transistors and electronic adjustable fuse to prevent bourn-outs. Time will tell... :)

AX1,3 final KIT

I got no help about misterious R8 in CX1.3 so i decided to do a copy of a final version AX1,3 and here it is. I sincerely hope that someone will still help me about CX1,3 and R8 problem,just point me where to look or how to think about it.

Attachments

• Slika309.jpg
    Slika309.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 1,082
  • Slika310.jpg
    Slika310.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Slika311.jpg
    Slika311.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 942
  • Slika312.jpg
    Slika312.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • Slika314.jpg
    Slika314.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 956
  • Slika320.jpg
    Slika320.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 254
DIYAudio is glitching on me, the thumbnails won't load after licking on them. So I can't look at the schematic. It is possible that resistor could be omitted, or it may be there to lower the dissipation of the LTP current source. In the picture it appears to be 2.2k, and that sounds about right. But I can't see the schematic to be sure...

DIYAudio is glitching on me, the thumbnails won't load after licking on them. So I can't look at the schematic. It is possible that resistor could be omitted, or it may be there to lower the dissipation of the LTP current source. In the picture it appears to be 2.2k, and that sounds about right. But I can't see the schematic to be sure...

Maybe this would help? I am not so sure what is the latest schematic but this is what i have:

Attachments

• CX1.3VB-U_schematic.GIF
    CX1.3VB-U_schematic.GIF
    60.3 KB · Views: 688
  • CX1.3VB-U_overview.GIF
    CX1.3VB-U_overview.GIF
    43.7 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
thanks! :)

44250, have you listened to any of OS's amps? Can you speak on the sound quality? I was present through the design process, and the engineering is impeccable...

No,this would be the first one and i have started it advised by my friend nikko. He said that "it sounds just like boraomega´s STUDIO SE but on steroids" :) what was enough for me to start assembling it. (i have STUDIO SE and like the sound of it).

Thank you all so much for help given me here about CX1.3 ,i will post each progres i make. Thank you all so much! :)

44250: I built the PB250 with an AX1.3 according to the schematic in your post (as it also appeared in late version in this thread). However I reduced the gain somewhat, and the phase maring became to low and caused a slight oscillation. Ostripper helped me to adjust some other components to make it stable (discussed somewhere earlier in this thread). Basically it work very good. Recently I have had problems with the audio sometimes fading away at in one of the two channels, but this I attribute to bad contact/soldering somewhere since the audio back if I knock slightly on the enclosure... :D Just need to find some time to open the box and do some fault finding

This is what I ended up with. No more changes , it will fit in my nice Altec case.
I just have to label it , run the snot out of it... before I trust it for others. I can't blow my one prototype , so I don't fear the stereo pair. (below)

If alex can come close (but prettier) to the style below - let em' at it.
A long board is the one on my single prototype now , below is the "L" bracket deal.
OS

HAii OS....please share the cooper side...i want to build it

thankyou

nugroho

Gerbers files for your supersym and The MONGREL (supersym II)

I would like the Gerbers files for your supersym and The MONGREL (supersym II)
amplifiers so that I can order several sets for building and testing. I you offer a group
buy for either of these amplifiers, let me know. I can either have them done at a
vendor, using the Gerbers files, or purchase them via a group buy. Let me know.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.