The MONGREL (supersym II)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi OS!

Ive been adjusting the amp today, i now have a bias off 13.9mv-14.8mv on the amp,
OP offset is at .7mv, but for CCS, what should be used here? In schematic it says 1.3ma/2ma and at the picture of your completed board it also says 4ma. For now im running on 2ma. Maybe i should rise it to 4ma?

Hey OS, the KSC1845 model is broken sort of. Rc is 180R, which exaggerates VceSAT very badly. For this reason the model won't work in current mirrors or anywhere where under low-Vce. Here is a model with a sane value of Rc:

.MODEL KSC1845_k npn IS=1.075431E-13 BF=600.7 NF=1 BR=13.565 NR=1 ISE=1.98107E-13 NE=2 ISC=1.8378E-11 NC=1.5 VAF=82.803 VAR=20.6691 IKF=0.596 IKR=0.0190546 RB=157 RBM=12.092 IRB=1.258925E-6 RE=1.5 RC=0 CJE=2.057447E-11 VJE=0.7300286 MJE=0.3619943 FC=0.5 CJC=4.525739E-12 VJC=0.5 MJC=0.3659045 XTB=1.7281 EG=1.1809 XTI=3 TF=3.14E-11

Also, I can't access your site.

- keantoken

I had a talk with OS.

It seems he has come face to face with the psychological reality of the forum. This is a lesson any prominent forumite must face. Some decide to weather it, others decide that their life force is better spent achieving things elsewhere. Either is a valid decision in my view. OS seems to have chosen the latter.

He says the website will stay up.

With the usual disclaimers,
- keantoken

NOW it works ???????

At least I can explain...

#1 - my site was down - I just hacked win7 to make it into a lean mean XP "like" machine. I was successful. 270m memory usage/ winsxs is a manageable 1gig.
actually snappier than XP itself. :) All servers/proxies are full "tilt".

#2 - my DIYA account , I did request banishment but rescinded this on the new year after my unfortunate "sinbinning". After taking a "DIYA break" :headbash::headbash: 7 weeks later.. I noticed my account was astray. My feeling about contributions remains unchanged , there are much more productive ways to spend ones time. :D If I do contribute .. it will be in a VERY direct , well thought out manner (the games are done)

#3 - I have no outright hate or malice for any members , I am disgusted that some dwell on substandard designs or fail to acknowledge that superior designs can sound better. I am about to bid on some broken power amps to retrofit with mongrels. My designs will continue to advance ... quite rapidly.

OS

Yea!!! Good ta see Ya back OS!! :D:D:D

I at least want to use the forum for trading (I am selling my stealth heatsinks/trafo). The thing is to big/heavy. I want 2 small rackmounts for a Sub/2 channel setup (2 AX's and a VERY powerful EX - sub amp)

I need a couple 2U or 3U broken rack mount amps or power supplies. Perhaps I can find them on "swapmeet" ??

OS

You got friends here OS, don't let the <nasty folk> grind you down !

I have self-assessed any possible character defects I may have and found that some of my comments and opinions might be "toxic". So I might be attracting "nasty folk" just by my pessimistic demeanor. :( I hope to improve upon both my amps and my character.

What brought this about was yet another "close call" The last storm here killed a neighbor , threw my kids $300 trampoline up on the roof and broke it apart ... floods came up to my back door and left whole trees at my doorstep! .. WOW , what a winter. All this means lots of things to repair besides amps. Ed Lafontain saw my river , it is a deadly hazard to have so close (look at my pictures "ostripper - deadly river").

I may have a transformer for you. You have mail.

Thanks.. Ed , I really need some cases. But ... another trafo will be readily used. I have plenty of amps .. BELIEVE ME. They do need cases , wooden plates are so unprofessional.

Good to see you back OS. I always find your work on the Frugalamps and Mongrel stuff interesting reading. No BS, no audiophile nonsense, just good practical working designs.

Things are up in the air for me right now, might be moving Stateside myself! So most if not all of my DIY stuff will be eBayed/given away/binned. Gotta start from scratch. However it'll be for a job with WAY better pay, so money to spend on DIY audio :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.