The MONGREL (supersym II)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks Ostripper, I was curios is good to know that I can use Wolverine, and I made a "quick simulation" with the multisim 14 of the MONGREL CX 1.2 VB - "U" just to see how much power I can get with 4 pairs I be like omg dude ! "with all my respect of course" and it can deliver lot of power with just 890mV amplitude 1KHz sine wave to 8 ohms load about 310W impressive ! :bulb: wow !
yes with 85V DC supply I mean this is only to see how much power I can get before clipping and the THD is really low example with 10mV input sine wave I do not see on the THD prove noting but just 0.000% cool, on the simulation I just use traditional bias adjusted to have about 20mV on one of the emitter resistors, one note:

maybe I'm wrong, but R77 on the Mongrel PB250N/H Power Board R77 value is 680 ohms but I was not able to adjusted the bias on simulation correctly so for the simulation I change R77 to 220R and I get the simulation to work I'm thinking that multisim 14 might not behave correctly is probably that :) but any way I'm glad I fund this post about Mongrel PB250N/H Power Board

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• mongrel simulation.PNG
    mongrel simulation.PNG
    150.6 KB · Views: 958
ANY clay based glossy publication works , like soldering .. there are a few "tricks" ...

1. after lining artwork up , place iron directly down and press to make it stick to the FR-4 (will smudge if you dont).

2. Then place a piece of plain white paper on top of artwork to slide iron around on.

3. after board heats up and re-fusing is almost done , place iron direct to the glossy magazine page.. you will see the relief of the artwork come "up through" the page.

4 .soak in soapy water for 1 minute , start peeling any paper that is already soft and even peel the first layer of paper off the whole board. rub the rest off with your fingers .. remaining paper will form small balls as it is rubbed.

5. board cleanliness is paramount. Lightly sand with 220-300 grit paper , then clean with pure isopropal alcohol or acetone.

6 . for tinning , I actually use the higher temp. Cu/Sn solder after coating the foil side with a light coating of plumbers flux.

Those boards above have NO , not even one.. jagged line or pit. Perfection.
OS

Another good tip: after cleaning the pcb at the start, drop your pcb into etchant for 30 seconds (or sponge it) before doing the toner transfer. It takes the shine off the copper and makes it really matt & flat by taking out that slight patterning in the foil. This makes the toner stick better.

osstripper maybe if you sell a few of these you can pay me back for all the money I wasted on parts and labor and shipping trying to get you to repair my genesis stealth b200 amp a decade ago?
The last batch of parts that you requested, I bought and had sent to you. It was just over $500 but you didn't install them or include them with the amp when you finally returned it... after I had the local police go to your "house" and tell you it was not OK to steal someones amplifier.
I still have never met you in person. Someday I really hope to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.