a...Rotel design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no ...not yet at least ....generally dont like chips of any kind ...at this case i may "put some water in my wine " as we say in greece ....

the only thing that stoped me so far is that the lme to work at their best need a few volts more than the output to preserve low distortion and clipping behaviour

that alone will increase the cost and complexity of power supply .....

Oh Sakis, I think you would be surprised. I think the LME chips are one of the best VAS out there today and beat many discrete designs. I would't be able to design something descrete even close to the (sound) performance of the LME chips.. The LME's are a dream to work with. One must be careful though with the input signals, they are kind of sensitive for overloading, and such an event destroys the IC right away. And once that happened they are a hell to de-solder.. :D I destroyed a few.. :D

With kind regards,
Bas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.