Help! Rotel rb1080 bias setting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well Ian its not the exact same thing ...see attachment please that is a part of the service manual ... ( e mail me i f you want it ) ( for the 1060 ...its not in the same file with 1080 works diferent )

kind regards sakis

Attachments

• rotel.JPG
    rotel.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
just been looking at the schematic of the 1080 and i ve seen that is a 200w very symmetric and inetersting amplifier but still doesnt use any vi limmiter for the output section nice approach for a hifi machine but not really safe for this ammount of power ...

if the power supply is good that design will easilly produce 200w at 8R and almost double at 4 ( even though specs say 300 and that is not really possible without any limmiting )

so either the supply is poor or the estimation is academic

still remains an interesting amplifier

just been looking at the schematic of the 1080 and i ve seen that is a 200w very symmetric and inetersting amplifier but still doesnt use any vi limmiter for the output section nice approach for a hifi machine but not really safe for this ammount of power ...

if the power supply is good that design will easilly produce 200w at 8R and almost double at 4 ( even though specs say 300 and that is not really possible without any limmiting )

so either the supply is poor or the estimation is academic

still remains an interesting amplifier

Those amps rock and slamm. Was a former happy owner of two RB1090's driving an Infinity IRS Beta system. My friend bought a RB1080. Great amps. Saddly enough though my RB1090's turned out not to be so reliable. Both broke. My grandpa bought one, and his broke to later :(

With kind regards,
Bas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.