hifidiy.net A20 mini 20W class A Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found an amplifier kit from Hifidiy.net - a Chinese company supplying DIY audio kits.
HIFIDIY mini-A power amplifier A20 Assembly Instructions
Basically, its a 20W class A amplifier. The kit comes complete with PCBs, components, what looks to be a 200 VA toroidal transformer, 40,000uF in the PSU, heatsinks and a nice, shiny case.
Im living in Japan at the minute and because of the strong yen, this kit would cost very little. (less than 200 pounds in real terms)
I was wondering a few things:
Has anybody built this kit?
Has anybody any experience with hifidiy.net kits in general?
Unfortunately, I cant find a circuit schematic, but does this look like a decent amp for a beginner to build?
Also, Im a bit worried about the lack of proper English instructions - I dont think I'd have to much trouble populating the PCBs and wiring it up, but in the assembly instructions (looks like they used google translator!) theres a section describing what looks like amplifier set up - perhaps setting the bias? The English translation doesnt make any sense! There seems to be more pictures on the Chinese assembly instructions.
HIFIDIYСÐͼ×ÀàA20¹¦·Å×°»ú˵Ã÷(ÕýÔÚ¸üÐÂ, ÓÐÎÊÌâÇë¸úÌù,ÎÒÃÇ»á»ã×Ü) - HIFIDIY ²úÆ·×ÊÁÏרÇø - HIFIDIYÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz!
I have some Chinese friends who could, perhaps, help me with the Chinese, although they know nothing about electronics.
The other thing I was wondering, I believe the trans is set for either 115 or 230 V operation - this would suit me as Id need it in 115 V for Japan and 230 for when I move back to UK - would it be just a case of rewiring a couple of leads on the transformer to make the change?
Thanks.

Recommend This Vendor and Products

For what it is worth, I have built several of their kits, including a cd transport and TDA1541A dac. The boards and parts are all of top quality and the caswork is very nice as well. A little time is necessary to figure out the instructions, but this has become much easier than several years ago when I built the cd transport kit, which was fun to build and works very well to this day. There is a lot of value for money here so you need not hesitate on account of any concerns like that. I trust that you would not be disappointed if you decide to pull the trigger.

ksa 50

Attachments

• krell50.jpg
    krell50.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 770
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.