Take a picture of your Krell KAV-300i please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

My Krell died... :ill:
I sent it to repair, and got the message "Transformer dead.
A new transformer will cost $1200 + working hours (Living in DK... All US stuff costs double or more). :mad:
Didn't want to pay that much, so I got the amp back.
Months later the work shop told me, they found a transformer at a better price, and I bought it.
Now I am trying to mount the new transformer in my amp, but I didn't pull it apart myself, so it is a little tricky.

Krell KAV-300i - My Photo Gallery
On this board, I should mount a green and a orange wire, but I cannot see where.
I gues P2 and P11, but which should go where?

The SG-302 should probably go to R1, but I am not sure.

On the main board, I should connect 10 wires:
2 orange
1 yellow
1 red
1 grey
1 black
1 brown
1 purple
1 green
1 blue
I have no idea in which order they should be connected.

A picture with the wires would be great.
Hope someone can help?

:confused:

Sorry for my childish language... :deerman:

Best regards
Jan

Transformer mounted, yes.
Power on... not yet.
Will probably check voltage with light bulp first.

DSC00245_Large_.JPG

I'd power it up without the transformer connected to the amp and check the voltages that you're getting are safe.

For example the green/blue and red/yellow pairs look as if they should be the two main secondary windings. It should be easy enough to measure the AC voltage without applying it to the amplifier. You may have done this of course. But the light bulb wont save the amp if the output on the secondaries is twice as high as it should be, simply because you've got the amp connected for 110v instead of 240v.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.