Fixing a Marantz SR8000 (fried input)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a Marantz SR8000. I searched threads for the issue and had no luck.

The guy I bought it from said he had his laptop hooked up to it (laptop turned to full volume) all day long, and the receiver started smoking. I didn't even know this was possible; the laptop must have been turned up REALLY loud.

Essentially, now the receiver doesn't do anything. The display lights up partially (but stays that way--none of the buttons change anything).

I opened it up, and as seen in the pics, two caps and a resistor are fried on the front aux-in board. Here's where I need help: Is this the only problem? I'm going to replace them soon enough, but even so, if the board is bad, it doesn't explain why the rest of the receiver doesn't function. Normally the unit should function, just that the aux input wouldn't work, right?
DSC05313.jpg

To get an idea of where the board is located:
DSC05314.jpg

Thanks!!

I am looking at the diagram and it appears there is a small transformer that keeps certain circuits alive when the power is off. It's possible that it's not getting the right signals to switch the unit on.

Be more specific as to the symptoms and perhaps we can walk through it.

I am looking at the diagram and it appears there is a small transformer that keeps certain circuits alive when the power is off. It's possible that it's not getting the right signals to switch the unit on.

Be more specific as to the symptoms and perhaps we can walk through it.

Oy, after closer inspection, it appears the two ICs on the display board are fried, sadly even, you can see one of them in my first pic (horizontally). Looks like it needs an entire new board for the front :h_ache: Do you know where I can get Marantz parts? Thanks so much for the fast response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.