Rod Elliot 100W PCB Layout - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2001, 08:23 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Rod Elliot 100W PCB Layout

Any 1 have the layout for Rod Elliot 100W ..... I would order 1 but from where I lived the shipping is twice as the cost of it .... Plz help me out guys.....
Old 31st December 2001, 11:55 AM   #2
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

Sorry cant do an honest man outta business...

Rod Elliott is a part of this forum .... his alias is rode i'm sure he'd be willing to talk it over with you.
Old 31st December 2001, 02:21 PM   #3
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Rod has made it pretty clear that his PCB layouts are not available. In all other respects, he has made his intellectual property open to all.
I would ask that any others who have bought Rod's boards respect his request not to pass on a PCB layout.
Old 31st December 2001, 02:49 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

so if shipping is twice the cost of it, compare that to the rest of the material costs? Transformers, caps , heatsinks , components.?
Not to mentioning casing.

It is only an fraction of the total cost, and I personally think it is quite rude to ask for it here , more or less right at the face of mr Elliot. He has made a hell of work (+++) with his homepage and I grate him very much the AU$ he can make from it.

But you can always do your own PCB layout...

/rickard
Old 1st January 2002, 12:10 AM   #5
rode is offline rode  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Thanks guys

Your honesty and support are much appreciated.

bugbite2k says that postage is twice the cost of the board, but this is not the case, since I have rationalised all postal costs, so it is actually quite cheap (AU$8.00 to anywhere in the world). Compare that with the costs from most US companies - ouch!

So bugbite2k, you can order a board, or design your own (the performance will probably not be the same though, since the layout makes a big difference to the sound of an amplifier.

Cheers, Rod
Old 30th January 2002, 05:32 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Honesty

Hi Guy's

I agree with you, if you can't be bother to make one then you goto buy it, I realised the same problem as you the cost of postage. So what i did was ordered all the boards I fancied building (2 x 3A's , 1 x Project 9, and 1x Project 68). The boards are them selves dirt cheap unlike some other websites i have seen and well made, so it is worth buying them

I finished building a 3a last night.

Dan

Hide this!Advertise here!