Power amp circuit with PrAT wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One can build a Naim clone, will the result sound the same as a Naim?

That's an interesting question Andrew. I guess that circuit layout would be a variable if a non-Naim pcb was used, and also any component substitutions such as PSU caps, etc., would have an influence.

Also, how similar do two Naims sound, given production tolerances?!?

Will it satisfy the listener?

With many folks I have a suspicion that it might be influenced by how much money they have saved!

That's an interesting question Andrew. I guess that circuit layout would be a variable if a non-Naim pcb was used, and also any component substitutions such as PSU caps, etc., would have an influence.

Also, how similar do two Naims sound, given production tolerances?!?

With many folks I have a suspicion that it might be influenced by how much money they have saved!

Having been round the Naim factory, I can say that production tolerances there are miniscule and not an issue. Things are measured and matched.

Naim clones are not guaranteed or even likely to sound like the real thing as wiring (grounding) and power supply details are very important to the sound, as is PCB layout. Not to mention the components used will probably not be the same.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.