Op-amp selectable gain +/- 1.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to find an op amp circuit I saw long ago. It had an analog input and a digital one. The output was the input times either +1.0 or -1.0, depending on the state of the digital input. From memory, there was only a single op-amp in it, but it's been many years now, and I could be wrong about that.

Anyone have any clues? Searching my usual places has yielded nothing. I may have seen it in my TAOE, but that's gone missing and I can't consult it at the moment.

if you want the output to be buffered, the easiest way would be two inverting op-amp buffers (-1 gain), and a spdt relay to select one of the two outputs. You usually get better performance from an inverting buffer, so it is likely that performance is as good or better than the output of a non-inverting buffer. This uses two opamps and a relay though.

I remember the same circuit and can never find it when I need it. I also remember that you still need a switch of some sort to ground or unground the non-inverting input. An FET or analog switch- I like the DG series. IMO, as long as one has an analog switch, it's still better to use a dual switch and fully switch the input rather than leaving one side connected as the trick did. Walt Jung's op amp book shows the better and more obvious way to do it.

CH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.