QUASI Amplifier for Beginners

Quasi complementary amplifier based on old Dynacord. For begginers Class B without adjust.
PCB with corect is in post #294

Attachments

• Apex 550W classB.jpg
    Apex 550W classB.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 61,899
  • APEX 550W class B.jpg
    APEX 550W class B.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 17,873
  • APEX 550w class B PCB.jpg
    APEX 550w class B PCB.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 15,699
Last edited:
I use this circuit many times in the past for quick build 100-500w amp with parts which I already have, work every time, low cost and even begginer can do it as first amp ever. With two 2N3055 on +/-30V DC you can have 60W amp.
Regards

Is it cost effective quick build by yourself ?

,... because in our country to buy commercial similar amp from China is cheaper than semiconductor parts in our country for quick build

I have to honestly say that I dont think "beginners" should be building powerful amps. I also don't see why theres no adjust - a resistor, a trim pot and a transistor dont exactly add a lot of complexity to the circuit.
Beginners who want to build powerful amp for party... can start with this amplifier with single pair and add more outputs later, and they don't want adjust bias, just connect power supply and play.

Thank you mr. apex for the circuit and P.C.B. design , as i have a good stock of 2n37773 transistors with me.I am a professional Audio and stage light hirer and I am using 2n3773 Amplifiers made as per the 325 watts circuit published in electronics Australia long time ago with modification of using 10 pairs per channel and 70-0-70 volt dc. Will you be kind enough to send this ciruits slew rate and distortion levels . please send any modification also if there is any.as i plan to modify my 10 stereo amplifiers which are made as per cosmic amplifier Circuits with 4pairs 2n3055 each channel. I personally rely much on metal casing transistors. with lots of regard vedmitra Sharma from city of Tajmahal.

Thank you mr. apex for the circuit and P.C.B. design , as i have a good stock of 2n37773 transistors with me.I am a professional Audio and stage light hirer and I am using 2n3773 Amplifiers made as per the 325 watts circuit published in electronics Australia long time ago with modification of using 10 pairs per channel and 70-0-70 volt dc. Will you be kind enough to send this ciruits slew rate and distortion levels . please send any modification also if there is any.as i plan to modify my 10 stereo amplifiers which are made as per cosmic amplifier Circuits with 4pairs 2n3055 each channel. I personally rely much on metal casing transistors. with lots of regard vedmitra Sharma from city of Tajmahal.
I have not slew rate and distortion levels, I use this Dynacord clone long time ago, and there's no any modification for this circuit, but this simple circuit give you great chance to build or fast repare any old amp. This is retro design.