18.5 KB · Views: 557
  • Quasi-Compl. Amp H.C.Lin Figs.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 595
  • Quasi-compl. Mod.Shaw.PDF
    10 KB · Views: 485
  • Sziklai www.ibiblio.org bjtamp_b.pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
There always be begginers, and some people with expirience go back to this simple design 20 years after they build first one. This is clasic circuit as bridge rectifier, and always will be usefull,
Regards
At my view beginners should not start with an high power audio amp circuit appropriate for supply voltages between 80V until 160V !!!
20-40 volts (+/-10 - +/-20 volts) are enough for starters and first projects. Because this means much lower output power, more amp devices and multi-amping modes resp. active crossover solutions are necessary.
The great advantage by carried out this solution is the possibility to go on in steps (at first small amp, after checking the reliability the clone of more such devices and as last step an active crossover network).

BTW - in the schematic from previous post I would introduce additional resistors in the collector lines of the BC546, so that the voltage from C to E arround 20-25 volts

Last edited:
At my view beginners should not start with an high power audio amp circuit appropriate for supply voltages between 80V until 160V !!!
20-40 volts (+/-10 - +/-20 volts) are enough for starters and first projects. Because this means much lower output power, more amp devices and multi-amping modes resp. active crossover solutions are necessary.
The great advantage by carried out this solution is the possibility to go on in steps (at first small amp, after checking the reliability the clone of more such devices and as last step an active crossover network).

BTW - in the schematic from previous post I would introduce additional resistors in the collector lines of the BC546, so that the voltage from C to E arround 20-25 volts
Power is not that important, this is simple schematic with no adjust. Begginers may have problem with any amp no metter what power it is.
About resistors in the collector... This is oldest schematic version, I add cascode, current miror, VI limiter, bias adjust... but that is new amplifier,
Regards

Hi guys i am willing to trade a one dhr turbo board industry standard for the two quasi board of any quality as long as it does the job.

or dx blam es boards two of them for two of quasi board. the dx blame es - one of the board is complete with parts and transis. i would like one of the quasi boards to atleast come with some parts resistors and caps not big issue but would like to have the little transistors the 2n773 dnt matter but welcome it if offered.,