QUASI Amplifier for Beginners

If amplifier output power is most important to you, see post #8, no need for those smiles,
Regards

OK, no smiles !

wufazl.jpg

Regards zeoN_Rider

550W is maximum power for this circuit, not with +/-65V.
With +/-65V DC output power will be about 250W on 4R load.
to lose >20V between quiescent PSU voltage and maximum peak output voltage is very poor performance.

I would expect >200W into 8r0 and just under 400W into 4r0 from +-65Vdc when biased to quiescent currents.

550W into 2r0 is a reasonable short term target while the output devices are still cool. I would expect better from a 4pair output stage.

to lose >20V between quiescent PSU voltage and maximum peak output voltage is very poor performance.

I would expect >200W into 8r0 and just under 400W into 4r0 from +-65Vdc when biased to quiescent currents.

550W into 2r0 is a reasonable short term target while the output devices are still cool. I would expect better from a 4pair output stage.
This is old simple circuit, and poor performance are expected for retro design, but work good and easy for made. This is amp for begginers as I say, for make expirience and have fun.
Regards

It's look like :

dg1u.jpg

Regards zeoN_Rider

If you can have PSU without voltage drop with full output power, you can get 120Vpp or 42vRMS output voltage with +/-65V DC rail voltage. That will be 225W/8R or 450W/4R with 1% THD, or 300W/4R with 0,1% THD like CROWN DC300 with 1,5kW transformer. Power is not important, this amplifier give great chance for begginers to made functional amplifier.
Regards

Power is not important, this amplifier give great chance for beginners to made functional amplifier.
if power is not important then why call this a 550W amplifier?

Why do you show a 4pair output stage?

Why do you show +-65Vdc as the supply?

I would suggest a beginners amplifier should start with PSU <=+-50Vdc, 1pr output stage and specified for the real power into 8r0., not this monster of 550W. That is approaching what CAR Audio can only think about - POWER is all!

Stage 2 is the option to add a second pair to improve the current capability of the amplifier.