sansui au-6900

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It appears that something has failed in the unit and the protection circuitry has prevented that situation from destroying your speakers.

Depending on your bravery and knowledge, you could open it and start measuring things to discover what needs replacing. Otherwise, get someone who knows about such things to help.

the particular machine is rather complicated inside ....eventhough the principal of opetration is very simple still inside there is quite of a mess ...

the particular amplifier will need afew to fix but it will take a lot to do to make the amp working properly since everything inside is expected to be aged ...

finally a repair like that will need skills and procedure if you have some ... you will get some help here in the forum but at least you need to know the basics

regards sakis

I did find what appears to be a relay, which if i follow the wires back from the power switch, seems to be directly after the power switch. If I "tap" on this relay, which is clear, i can see a small arc and a noise from the speaker. Is it possible this relay is me issue?

I have a sansui au-6900, when i power it up the light comes on in the front but nothing, no sound or anything. can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a AU6900. I have a schematic for it but not the service manual.
I don't have a scanner so I would have to photo copy it and send it to you.

The 6900 has a relay protection circuit and if either channel has a dc offset then the relay won't activate connecting the speakers.

I have repaired mine a couple of times. Most of the parts are no longer available but I have had success in substituting output transistors into it.

David.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.