+/- 85 volts symmetrical power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
am planning to build a 300 watts mosfet power amplifier,it requires a +/-85 volts symmetric power supply.I've never built a symmetrical power supply before,i recently leart of the simple symmetric power supply consisting of a center tapped transformer,a bridge rectifier and two filter capacitors.
My question is:is this setup suitable for a 300 watts power amplifier or does it need some sort of regulation?If so,what power supply schematic would be appriate for this amplifier?
Thanks.

Hi,
am planning to build a 300 watts mosfet power amplifier,it requires a +/-85 volts symmetric power supply.I've never built a symmetrical power supply before,i recently leart of the simple symmetric power supply consisting of a center tapped transformer,a bridge rectifier and two filter capacitors.
My question is:is this setup suitable for a 300 watts power amplifier or does it need some sort of regulation?If so,what power supply schematic would be appriate for this amplifier?
Thanks.

go to

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/43331-power-amp-under-development.html

Quasi was starting this thread in 2004

6 years later its a Professional AMP with a lot of features and this MOSFET amp sound really great

have designed PCB 237 x 80 mm and add to the original QUASI Design some improvement and features for the DIY community

+/- 85V you can get up to 1000W @ 2 ohm

look attachments

Attachments

• N-VMOS schematic Beta 3 22.02.2010.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 207
  • N-VMOS PCB Layout Beta 3 22.05.2010.pdf
    153.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.