Classic Aragon (2004, 2004 MK II, 4004, 4004 MK II ) problems, experience and repairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I am not new to all of you but I am a new member of DIY Audio. I thank you for letting me join.
I am a big Classic ARAGON / Krell guy. I amps I like are specifically:
Aragon 2004, 2004 MK II, 4004 & 4004 MK II
Krell KSA 150, KSA 250, MDA 300 & MDA 500
I might post another thread to cover Preamps, but I would like to talk about these particular amplifiers ( in particular at this current time the Aragon Models ) as I am having some issues that I need to decide how to tackle.

Right now I have an ARAGON 4004 MK II that turns on but does not make any sound. Occasionally if you MESS WITH the wires it appears to COME ON and the works and sounds perfect. I have changed all the wiring from the left to the right channel and the problem stays with the amplifier so now I know it is not the input or speaker wiring and simply a problem INTERNAL to the AMPLIFIER. I suspect, but do not know, that it is a problem in the OUTPUT RELAY CIRCUIT.

Here are some questions:

Does anyone have a similar problem?
Does anyone know of another person that had this type of problem in the past and was able to solve it?
Does anyone have the schematics to this ( an or any other of the models posted above ) to help me fix this and any future problems I might have with these amplifier models.
Does anyone know of someone who can fix my problem, without me doing it, for a reasonable price?
Can anyone tell me how to fix it myself?

I am: MichaelAlanMarks@aol.com
(931) 561-1668

I would appreciate any help and I will be glad to return the favor.
I have a lot of knowledge to share and let this be the beginning of a mutually beneficial process.

Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.